Thread: Time to change things up :)

Northern Colorado, USA, North America, Earth, etc.
    Length
    13/25/30
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii

Default Time to change things up :)

So... I got dumped Wednesday. I'm taking it pretty hard. And I'd like to do something with my hair. I've been complaining about how awful it looks for most of this year. Maybe I'll feel better if I do something about it.

Right now, about 1/4 of my hair is natural and the rest was bleached... then dyed red, blue, purple, etc... then dyed black, which has since faded to a shade that approximates my natural shade but some parts are going completely blonde. It just doesn't look very good. So the plan right now is to use Color-fix to try and strip the permanent dye, than do something with the blonde that's underneath.

Go through my pictures and such and tell me what colors you think would look good with my skin tone... I am very fair skinned and and have light eyes, so I think something crazy and fun might look ok. And I'll probably just use Manic Panic or some other deposit dye, something I can play with if I get tired of it. Thanks you guys!

Oops, forgot to mention I'm looking for product recommendations and tips, I've never used a color corrector before so please share your experiences!

Current: BSL | Goal: Waist | Blog | Albums

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/23/25
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: Time to change things up :)

I think that medium dark hair suits you very well.

Do dark hair with crazy colored bangs/fringe!

Just as a side note: the last time I wrecked my hair beyond all reason, it was the day of a bad break up. Don't do anything crazy out of heartache... you will regret it when you start to heal, since it represents your feelings the day you were dumped. Hope that made sense.

Length
    13/25/30
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii

I don't want to mess with my bangs too much because that hair is completely virgin! I was thinking since the dye has to come off the bottom half anyway that I may as well experiment with something fun. No danger of cutting, though. I love my hair even though it's a bit raggedy and tangle-prone.

What colors do you think? People seem to be split about 50/50 for red and purple. I like both of those. And a lot of other colors. Really, I just like colors in general.

Length
    17.5"/APL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I was thinking, how about black on the top layer with red panels on the inner layer closer to the nape of your neck? That way it adds a bit of color and movement without being too outrageously loud. On the plus side, you probably won't have to change your current style too much either?

And when you put up your hair, the color will show. You could probably also experiment with different ways of styling your hair and let the colors play peekaboo.

Length
    13/25/30
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii

Outrageous isn't a problem, I just can't damage it any further than I already have. (No permanent dyes and definitely no more black!) That's another vote for red, then, which seems to be winning.

Let me finish this off with some bias. Do something red.
    It would look great on your skin and you just can't go wrong.
    Good luck! Sorry I can't be more help as I'm more familiar with herbal dyes.

Length
    13/25/30
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii

Hehe will do! Thank you muchly

Length
    13/25/30
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii

Ok I bought the necessary materials today, just need some friends to help me out with everything! I'm so excited!