View Poll Results: How long does it take you to use one bottle of poo?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't use shampoo

13 7.83%
  • One month or less

13 7.83%
  • Two to three months

65 39.16%
  • Four to five months

36 21.69%
  • More than six months

39 23.49%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you.......?

Length
    17/45"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: How long does it take you.......?

Way more than 6 months. Years in most cases! I rotate randomly through several shampoo's and more conditioners. I always dilute shampoo, usually until it is nearly like water and only use it on my scalp. Amazing how well it still works, even diluted that much. I've been mostly using 2 shampoos that I don't think are even made any more for the last year, trying to finish them off. I think that old purple Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo for dry hair is going to last forever. I am nearly out of the Graham Webb Ice Cap shampoo. Another few months and it will probably be gone.

Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I put 4 to 5 months but it depends on the size and how much I might water it down.

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

wow, I expected LHCers to take a while to use up shampoo, but I honestly didn't expect so many people to take more than six months to use up a bottle! I rotate through shampoos like other people here so it's difficult to estimate, but I've definitely been through about four or so bottles in my time at LHC (a little over a year) so two-three months I guess. I shampoo a lot more than many other people here though, 3-4 times a week (scalp only) usually
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

I'm a poo bar girl.
    Utlizing only the Contacts portion of the Friends list feature.

Length
    30/30/??
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I voted more than six months, but I usually have several different ones that I alternate between so each one probably lasts much longer than that. I only shampoo once or twice a week and I don't use very much each time.

Length
    ear/TBL+!/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Sorry -- I voted before reading the specification about "standard-size". I use a sort of expensive shampoo (Joico), and my mum gives me a bulk-sized bottle most years for Christmas. It usually takes me 1.5 years to finish that bottle... not sure how it translates to standard-size... probably around 6 months. I just put it on my scalp, 1-2 times/wk. I go through a similarly-sized bottle of conditioner in about 9 months.
    Lady Xi of the Maple Tree in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!
    Avatar picture from Brunnhilde with her horse at the mouth of the cave by Arthur Rackham

Length
    birth/46"/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I voted "four to five months" cause I don't use shampoo for every wash. I mostly make my own soapwort shampoo and moreover I like to switch products often.

Length
    13/22/30
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Man, I have been an everyday washer forever (trying to get on the every other day wagon soon) but it still takes me five or more months to go through a 12 .oz bottle. My hair is quite thin though, maybe thicker hair needs more?

I think it takes me about 3-4 months, for a smaller bottle, but for a bigger one, probably over 6 months. I use very little shampoo.

Length
    ~APL/26.5/34 in
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

well, I'm not sure. My husband and I share shampoos, and there are 3 bottles and a shampoo bar in our shower right now. He's got super short thin on top hair so he doesn't use much. I CWC so I don't use much. All of the bottles have been open for at least 3 months and they are hardly gone. I'm guessing one bottle would last 4-5 months for both of us.