Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Seborrheic Dermatitis Support

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Default Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis Support

Quote Originally Posted by whitestiletto View Post
    Shampoo is pretty bad for s.d., it irritates the scalp. I think everyone has pretty much come to a consensus here that conditioner-only is way better with this medical condition. You really don't want to irritate your scalp when it's already upset...
    I have to disagree, and I've seen other posts on here saying that conditioner really irritates their SD. I cannot get conditioner even near my scalp, and even residues from the ends after rinsing irritate it. If my hair wasn't so dry I'd not use conditioner at all, because of it. I've no idea what it is that my scalp hates so much about it!

I bought some cassia but still haven't got around to using it!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/APL/trmnl
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pelicano View Post
    I have to disagree, and I've seen other posts on here saying that conditioner really irritates their SD. I cannot get conditioner even near my scalp, and even residues from the ends after rinsing irritate it. If my hair wasn't so dry I'd not use conditioner at all, because of it. I've no idea what it is that my scalp hates so much about it!

I bought some cassia but still haven't got around to using it!
    I think the irritation from shampoo, at least for me, stemmed from an allergy to sodium laureth sulfates. I occasionally use an SLS-free shampoo now and my s.d. got better when I quit using SLS, but that was in conjunction with a lot of other things such as cassia. I have read other people on here recommending C.O. but it's good to know it doesn't work for everyone! Sometimes I imagine that everyone on LHC is CO, but that's obviously not true... I admit I am projecting a little.

Length
    14/14/25
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I didn't try CO because conditioner always irritates my scalp more.I got some results from Urtekram shampoo(sulphate free) but still not enough.I don't know why even in really expensive shampoos like Ducray they don't ditch sulphates.It's 20$ for 100 ml of shampoo and they still use sulphates in it.Maybe I will try Cassia after all.I tryed this week a mask with cocoa butter ,nettle and chamomile,kind of all the other ingredients The Brun lush henna has,without henna.But still nothing.Maybe it was the henna,or maybe i didn't leave it on my head as long as i did with henna.I used powder henna too,helped me,but i don't really want to be a redhead again.I also dyed my hair with comercial dye .Made things better for a while,but....the hair,all fried and even if i used a brown hair dye,after a week it was reddish-brown ,the color faded and my hair was all fried.I don't have any color on my hair right now,actually i don't need color,cause I don't have white hairs(Oh,maybe 4-5),and my hair looks fine,but my scalp is red and irritated all the time.Oh well,if I don't find another way to get rid of this,I'm gonna join the henna heads here

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

For me it doesn't seem to matter if I use sulfates or not, and I've even tried water only. I never saw any difference with my SD, other than the conditioner link. Oh and my scalp hates acidity of any kind, so vinegar rinses etc are out.

I'm definitely going to try the cassia.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

For me the opposite is true. I need harsh shampoos (oily hair). They seem to help. That, and having my hair washed at least every 5 days. 2 to 3x a week is actually better. Waiting a full week to 2 weeks to have it washed turns my scalp into a frigging disaster area over time. If on top of that there's nothing else but mild shampoo available: yikes! CO is a disaster for the exact same reason: too mild. Only Nizoral clears the mess up if it gets too bad.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I actually have to wash daily (nightmare!) It's the scrubbing of the scalp that helps me, not so much what it's washed with (as long as it's not conditioner)

Length
    -Chin/WL/HL
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii/iii

Scalp still being stupid. Cassia is on it's way as of today!
    Chin ~Shoulder~ APL ~ BSL~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Is it possible to use cassia for some sort of daily regime? I have some that I haven't found the time to try yet, but I'm wondering if it can be included in with my shampoo or instead of shampoo, as part of a regular wash.

Length
    15/20/28
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pelicano View Post
    Is it possible to use cassia for some sort of daily regime? I have some that I haven't found the time to try yet, but I'm wondering if it can be included in with my shampoo or instead of shampoo, as part of a regular wash.
    I haven't figured out a daily way of usage, but I have been putting a tbsp of cassia in my weekly SMTs and it's been helping. Maybe there's a way to do a cassia tea rinse, much like catnip tea rinse if you get leaves of cassia as opposed to powder?
    Psalm 34:10 The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Thanks - I will experiment with the cassia a bit.