Page 23 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Seborrheic Dermatitis Support

Length
    6in/41in/50?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis Support

Quote Originally Posted by Wosie View Post
    Did the ACV help to calm down the symptoms of your SD? Then I really would advise you to continue using it, even if it smells badly. Maybe you could add some essential oils into it, to soften the smell?
    ACV doesn't help my itching woes noticeably much, so I just use it for shine and non-frizziness in a rinse after I've washed my hair.
    Hmm.. It has been quite a while since I used it... but if my memory serves me I would say it did help some. Definitely not as well as the shampoo I use now, however. ;-) Maybe I will try it again just for fun!

Type
    3a/F/M/i/ii

I don't know how I got it but somewhere in the last few years I picked up SD and in the last year or so it has gotten really bad and spread to my face along my nose and eye brows. I have been very fortunate to find a face wash at Wallgreens of all places that actually makes my face look and feel normal. My scalp on the other hand, not so much. I have tried so many different shampoos, it has been driving me nuts. Something will work for a little bit and then stop, but we may finally have a break through! Yesterday I massaged a bunch of coconut oil in my scalp and let it sit under a shower cap for a few hours while I caught up on Game of Thrones.

I used one of my more gentle shampoos and wow! Even without conditioner my hair felt really great! I was confused! I kept thinking, "maybe it's just oil left in." but my fingers weren't oily. This morning my scalp looks and feels a lot better. It isn't perfect, my SD is pretty crazy, but it is a huge improvement. I just hope it isn't like everything else and quits working after a while.
    Lady Emyn of the Red Mountains in the Oder of the Long Haired Knights
    "Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?"

Length
    Chin/Class/? :)
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I am finally, for the first time in my life, free of SD. I was at my wit's end with it, and I stumbled across this website while looking to see if whatever latest ingredient might help: Trust Nature. I ordered the essential oils on that page, and the Organic Excellence Mint Shampoo (also available on Amazon and here). I did try the conditioner but didn't like it, so I stick with a different organic conditioner. My scalp cleared up within a week of starting that shampoo, and I have only had a few flares since; I normally eat a primal / gluten free diet, and when I eat gluten, my eczema flares, and so does the SD. I have found that I need to really massage the shampoo into my scalp for a last 30 seconds, and leave it on several minutes, in order for it to work effectively. I know I sound like I work for them, I don't, but holy cow I am so grateful to have found something that works for me!
    1a F ii, BCL. Aiming for classic in 2013, final goal is terminal length.

I've tried everything and what has really helped me is Neutragena's T_Gel extra strength. When I use it, discomfort is gone. I use it about a couple times a week with using shampoo bars in between.

Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

I get these yucky greasy clumps of dead skin behind my ears and itchy flaky inner ear as well, could this be SD? It also tends to be on the flaky side on my crown and temples.
    Last edited by YamaMaya; May 20th, 2014 at 08:44 AM.
    BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by YamaMaya View Post
    I get these yucky greasy clumps of dead skin behind my ears and itchy flaky inner ear as well, could this be SD? It also tends to be on the flaky side on my crown and temples.
    Yep, sounds like SD to me!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Elanadi View Post
    I am finally, for the first time in my life, free of SD. I was at my wit's end with it, and I stumbled across this website while looking to see if whatever latest ingredient might help: Trust Nature. I ordered the essential oils on that page, and the Organic Excellence Mint Shampoo (also available on Amazon and here). I did try the conditioner but didn't like it, so I stick with a different organic conditioner. My scalp cleared up within a week of starting that shampoo, and I have only had a few flares since; I normally eat a primal / gluten free diet, and when I eat gluten, my eczema flares, and so does the SD. I have found that I need to really massage the shampoo into my scalp for a last 30 seconds, and leave it on several minutes, in order for it to work effectively. I know I sound like I work for them, I don't, but holy cow I am so grateful to have found something that works for me!
    Ordered this shampoo after reading this and checking out the ingredients, should arrive today and I am hoping it'll work well for me. I previously had two shampoos that worked well for me, but both have ceased to do so So I am happy to read this recommendation, fingers crossed!
    What you find irresistable is what you choose not to resist.

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I have now used this shampoo twice and am loving it so far, early days but so far so good! Plus it came with eight(!) samples
    What you find irresistable is what you choose not to resist.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Hi all. I am a new poster but a lurker since 2012. My SD story starts shortly after i gave birth 3.5 years ago. It started with a small flaky patch under my eye and then i noticed a large silvery scaly patch right in my hairline along my forehead. My husband looked in my scalp and saw many more of these scales. My GP diagnosed it as SD. I also developed a serious sensitivity to sulfates and quit those.

I have a strong suspicion my SD was maybe dormant before pregnancy and the strong antibiotics they forced on me in labor made me more prone to a yeast overgrowth. I never had any problems with SD before all this.

Anyways, i am having a bad flare up now, it is always worse in the colder months. I havent found anything that really relieves it. Washing more often seems to slough off the scales so Ive been doing that with a gentle shampoo.

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Hello, so glad to have found this thread. I am trying to figure out if I have SD or not or what I have going on. I hear it is different for everyone. I don't really have any flakes. I have sores (pimple like) all along my hair line especially just above my temples and at the nape. It is painful and I can't help touching, scratching and popping if there is a pustule <---gross I know sorry. Anyway, nothing seems to work. Just now I clarify washed then washed with Nizarol then Co washed. I am going to see if co-washing will help. Anyone have the symptoms that I have and have a solution??
    No Trims for second half of 2018
    *deep conditioning & Olaplaex treatment*
    Currently Shoulder length~06/2018!