Thread: Afraid to try henna/cassia

Length
    17.5"/18.5"/37
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Afraid to try henna/cassia

My hair is virgin, light to medium blonde, and very fine, and I am considering trying cassia or henna to help with strength and condition, but I'm kind of terrified. I love the colors everyone on here achieves with henna, but I have no idea what shade would go with my skin tone (I have gray eyes and blonde hair, but I think the veins on the inside of my wrists are both blue and green--go figure), or if red hair would look absolutely terrible on me. If I go with cassia, I'm scared that it will make my hair too brassy or yellow.

Do any of you henna/cassia users have lightish blond hair naturally? What were your results?

TIA

Lady Ilmatar, Keeper of the Magical Menagerie, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Default Re: Afraid to try henna/cassia

how about trying cassia first to see if that gives you the conditioning you want? I think if you apply it immediately after mixing there shouldn't be much dye release. If it does happen to stain a noticeable yellow, it should fade within a few weeks.

With the henna, just test strand as much as possible trying different times and different cassia/henna ratio. On blonde hair it can go coppery, red to auburn.

You could try a ammonia/peroxide free deposit only temporary color to see how you look with red before going permanent with henna. or if you have a wig and extensions store/beauty supply store around try on red hair there. I don't think anything else can really prepare you to know how a full head of red hair will look on you.

Length
    24/28/waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

If you post a color accurate picture of yourself, I or someone else could Photoshop your hair into a red color, so you could see how it would look with your skin color? Just a thought.

Length
    chin/neck/BSL+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I colored my hair red with gentle semi-permanent dyes first before taking the henna plunge. I don't have light blonde hair, but it's more of a dark/ash blonde. Henna shows up a very bright, rich color on my hair, and looks very nice I think with my cool/rosy skin tone.

You could also try a henna gloss, not as much color, since it is diluted henna. I've tried cassia several times, but I never really liked the result on me. It just seemed too brassy.

Length
    -/waist/Hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Or you could try with orange/copper scarf or similar fabris around your face what it would look like.

If you add henna to blonde base you end up the clown orange. With multiple applys you will reach reddis orange. Henna is an evil color and this is why I love it.

If you just want to condition your hair I would tell you to try cassia. Or amla. Cassia will fade away in time. Don't mess with henna (even henna-gloss) if you don't want to become a redhead
    every hour wounds, the last one kills

layered waist - almost blunt waist - blunt waist - hip - terminal..
    (hennahead)

Length
    CL/60cm/BSL+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Hi!
    I think you have to try first a henna gloss, it will give you only some highlights depending on the time you let it stay on your hair (the more the time, the more the reds )
    I tried only with a henna gloss and i obtained this result:

starting from this color: