Right, so I thought I'd start this thread to keep track of my experiences trying to lighten my henndigo.

I must stress now:- I am not trying to lighten henndigo back to my natural blonde.

I am simply trying to get it to a light brown / goldish shade so it blends better with the new colour I want to use on my roots (I am aiming for shade 4 or 5 from here ).

Hair History:

I was born blonde (very blonde), and then as I went through my teens, my hair darkened and I did not like it. So, I started highlighting.....this carried on until I was 20.

Then, aged 20, I was at Uni for the first time, and looked around to see what felt like everyone going blonde. So, being me, I decided to be cool and different and dyed my hair nearly black .

The following years alternated between dark hair, and then lightening it back to blonde, and back again......

Then, I discovered henndigo....and took my hair back to a very, very dark brown (almost black....) to cut an ever longer story short, my hair has stayed this shade for a while.

Recently, I decided that whilst I did not want to go back to highlighting, I did want to start using a henna etc mix that was closer to my natural shade to make life easier. ....

....SO I decided to experiment, and try to lift the very dark ends of my hair as I went along! And I thought that it might help others in the same boat.

Here goes.....!