Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The CWC (condition-wash-condition) official thread

Length
    17/45"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: The CWC (condition-wash-condition) official thread

Renate, putting some oil on the ends right before washing has worked OK for me, but of course you'll need to test with your hair to see how it does. One thing I found was that it took several months for my ends to start to have shine after starting to use oils. It was hard for me to figure out the right amounts, and what routine works best for my hair. Less is more, which I find hard, because I want more results faster, but instead I got more oily hair until I figured it out. I find it helps a lot to put a tiny bit of oil on my hair just after taking off the towel after it was washed, too. This helps to seal in the moisture that is in the hair from washing.

I see from your ingredient list that you are using 'cones, so you'll need to be careful about buildup. Nothing wrong with cones, you just need to understand what does and doesn't work for you. In my testing I found that I'm getting better results using oils without cones, but only you will be able to figure out over time what does and doesn't give the results you want.

Type
    1b/F/ii

You guys!

My ends are even better! I protected the lenght the best I could, but only applied conditioner do the ends, not the lenght. My head isn't greasy and the lenght is soft and smooth, and the ends are better than before.

One wash won't save them from years of sulfates, so they aren't as good as the lenght, but now I know what the problem is

Quote Originally Posted by spindance
    Renate, putting some oil on the ends right before washing has worked OK for me, but of course you'll need to test with your hair to see how it does. One thing I found was that it took several months for my ends to start to have shine after starting to use oils. It was hard for me to figure out the right amounts, and what routine works best for my hair. Less is more, which I find hard, because I want more results faster, but instead I got more oily hair until I figured it out. I find it helps a lot to put a tiny bit of oil on my hair just after taking off the towel after it was washed, too. This helps to seal in the moisture that is in the hair from washing.

I see from your ingredient list that you are using 'cones, so you'll need to be careful about buildup. Nothing wrong with cones, you just need to understand what does and doesn't work for you. In my testing I found that I'm getting better results using oils without cones, but only you will be able to figure out over time what does and doesn't give the results you want.
    I'm not sure it will make much difference applying oil before the wash, I think I'll stick with just oiling the hair.. Not sure, yet. I'm still trying things..

I'm also not sure about build-up, because I don't apply conditioner to the lenght, just the ends. Cones work ok for me Sulfates are my kriptonite

Goal length: Waist
    24' ~ 25' ~ 26' ~ 27' ~ 28' ~ 29'

Type
    1b/F/ii

My ends after the wash:

I'm never using sulfates again!!

Type
    1b/F/ii

Update: After my SECOND wash protecting the lenght my entire hair is the softer it has ever been. It feels like my 10 year old sister's virgin hair.

I can't believe I spent my entire life damaging my hair with sulfates... I would actually think my hair is dry.. But it is normal.

Length
    15 in/18 in/35 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I am interested in this thread. I am going to look into it. I was WO for a few months but I am now in search of a new routine. CO seems to make my hair stringy like the WO did. Maybe this is what I'm looking for.
    Enjoyed chin length for awhile but my hair sticks are calling!
    ................................Time to Grow!.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieRose View Post
    I am interested in this thread. I am going to look into it. I was WO for a few months but I am now in search of a new routine. CO seems to make my hair stringy like the WO did. Maybe this is what I'm looking for.
    I alternate between CO and CWC, and it works wonderfully! I always dilute the shampoo as well.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    17/19/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I just started CWC (yesterday was my first time) and I am really hoping it will work well. I diluted my shampoo and really concentrated on keeping the it off my length. My hair feels dry today but I didn't use my normal -cone hair gloss afterwards.

I do think the concept though and am going to keep going with it. I am using the same S&C that I was using before and when I use it up I am going to switch to different ones. Not sure what though!

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I love CWC! I wash mostly with non-SLS shampoo, but do occasionally use a sulfate shampoo. I always dilute the shampoo though, no matter what kind I use. I use a heavy-moisture and/or protein conditioner first and let is sit for about 5 minutes or more, then use the diluted shampoo and rinse everything completely. For my second "C" I use a coney conditioner (love the cones, love the "slip" and leave it in for just a few minutes, rinse again and done! I've only gone back to the cones in the last few weeks. I was cone-free for about 6 months, but missed the slippery cone feel and being able to run my hands through my hair. So, back to cones I am... Love it!
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.

Length
    15 in/18 in/35 in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I was thinking of using jojoba oil on my ends either a hour or so before a wash or the night before. Then I want to use a diluted non sulfate shampoo on all of my hair followed with a conditioner on my ends. Would that be CWC? Is shampooing all of my hair ok or do most people only do their roots? I'm afraid if I shampoo my root only I will get a stringy look to my length.

Amber Maiden ...Thanks, I may try CWC with CO in between or maybe WO in between. Not sure yet.
    Last edited by PrairieRose; January 29th, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Enjoyed chin length for awhile but my hair sticks are calling!
    ................................Time to Grow!.

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Amber_Maiden View Post
    I alternate between CO and CWC, and it works wonderfully! I always dilute the shampoo as well.
    This, exactly. I cannot exclusively CO, but its great for an alternate, moisturising method to clean my hair. And I always dilute my shampoo when I CWC. Love CWC its a great place to start if you're new to LHC, too.