Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The CWC (condition-wash-condition) official thread

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default The CWC (condition-wash-condition) official thread

As iceyblue has just noticed, we don't have an official thread yet. So...
    Tadaaa! Now we have one.

Personally I switched to CWC after failed experiment with CO. I use diluted Garnier Natural Care with Avocado and Shea Butter shampoo and the same condish as the second one. The first one is Hegron cheap, runny condish that I used for CO. It makes my hair soft and protects the length from the shampoo. I also keep the second heavier conditioner for 30+ minutes on my length. Fantastic results. Shiny, soft and smooth hair. Even better than after CO.

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: The CWC (condition-wash-condition) official thread

I suppose I might as well add my name to the list of people using this method, as recommended to me by the standard newbie advice thread.

I use Avalon Organics Lavender Shampoo and Faith in Nature Rosemary Conditioner, which seems to work very well for me (Admittadly only compared to previous coneful method of shampooing/conditioning everything.) It also leaves my hair smelling nice aftwerwards

Is it generally recommended to use different conditioners for the 1st/2nd wash? I've been using just the same one, but it seems like quite a few people use different ones?

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Azhtabak View Post
    I suppose I might as well add my name to the list of people using this method, as recommended to me by the standard newbie advice thread.

I use Avalon Organics Lavender Shampoo and Faith in Nature Rosemary Conditioner, which seems to work very well for me (Admittadly only compared to previous coneful method of shampooing/conditioning everything.) It also leaves my hair smelling nice aftwerwards

Is it generally recommended to use different conditioners for the 1st/2nd wash? I've been using just the same one, but it seems like quite a few people use different ones?
    I do it because Hegron condish is runny and cheap. I can use as much as I want to If I used Garnier's one as the first condish I would have to buy a lot of it, and it's not the cheapest one. So in my case it's all about money and the thickness of condish.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

does it count if you oil the length heavily before washing.. oil is sort of conditioner right?
    oh and i use diluted clarifying shampoo as my usual shampoo.. and then i use suave professionals conditioner after
    can i call this classic length

Length
    14"/35"/51"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Yay CWC!
    I alternate between CWC and CO, usually doing one CWC to every 2 or 3 CO. I shampoo my bangs every day, though.
    I usually do a light oiling before every wash, then do Organix conditioner, clove shampoo from Aveda, then Organix conditioner again. For the shampoo, it's always the clove since I have brown hair, but the conditioner is whatever Organix I happen to have on hand at the time. I try to use the coconut milk one in between every new one I try, though.

Back in black, and growing to the bitter end.

APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Tailbone ~ Butt ~ Classic

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by squiggyflop View Post
    does it count if you oil the length heavily before washing.. oil is sort of conditioner right?
    oh and i use diluted clarifying shampoo as my usual shampoo.. and then i use suave professionals conditioner after
    It counts. Practically coconut oil protects the length from the shampoo too

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    I do it because Hegron condish is runny and cheap. I can use as much as I want to If I used Garnier's one as the first condish I would have to buy a lot of it, and it's not the cheapest one. So in my case it's all about money and the thickness of condish.
    Ah, the first condish is the one where you use lots? I've been doing it backwards then <_<

Length
    12 in/Waist/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I do this too! I usually use Suave Coconut first, shampoo using clean argan shampoo or natureclean shampoo, and every so often I use an SLS shampoo to clarify. I only shampoo my scalp.

My second conditioner is Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, or their Dryness Reversal, and I leave this on while I shave.
    Progress Album Tailbone by 2013!

Length
    20"/36"/44"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I experimented with CO but it just left my hair really greasy and oily. Then I switched to the CWC method. It works great for me so im going to stick with this one. My hair is very damaged from dye and heat tools, so I do a SMT before every wash, then I shampoo the scalp only and I use a coney 3-minute conditioner.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Azhtabak View Post
    Ah, the first condish is the one where you use lots? I've been doing it backwards then <_<
    I think I use the same amount of both. But I would feel guilty in some way if I used heavy, relatively expensive condish just to rinse it out after a while. I the forst condish is important, but if I can have the same effect of protection and pay less for it... You know It's like... Garnier's condish is too heavy and expensive to use it just for physical protection from shampoo. And Hegron's one is too thin, has too little good ingredients to use it as the second one.
    Messy post, I know