Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The CWC (condition-wash-condition) official thread

Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: The CWC (condition-wash-condition) official thread

I have two questions about CWC.. Must the shampoo be sulfate free and must the conditioner be cone free? And must the shampoo be diluted?

Goal length: Waist
    24' ~ 25' ~ 26' ~ 27' ~ 28' ~ 29'

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip

I changed to CWC a few months ago and it has made a huge difference to my hair. I can't ever imagine going back to regular shampooing and conditioning, the extra conditioner before I shampoo has made my hair much softer and I get less tangles
    Last trim - Nov 2012 Renegray
    Shoulder-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist-Hip
    Happy at hip for a while!

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Renate View Post
    I have two questions about CWC.. Must the shampoo be sulfate free and must the conditioner be cone free? And must the shampoo be diluted?
    I don't think any of those are necessary for CWC. In fact, I think the "standard advice for beginners" article says to try CWC with your current shampoo and conditioner as a first step.

Though, if you use 'cones you might need to shampoo the length of your hair once in a while to prevent or remove build up.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm scared to try CO, I feel it won't work... My hair was never really dry, my scalp has never itched, I think my hair doesn't mind about SL. I probably should try, though...

I'm thinking about doing CWC. You condition the entire lenght of the hair in the C, right? But that's is a problem for me, because my hair lasts only 2 days at best without going greasy if I condition more than only my ends :/ I can't use silicone-free conditioner because I can't find one without them! Can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl View Post
    I don't think any of those are necessary for CWC. In fact, I think the "standard advice for beginners" article says to try CWC with your current shampoo and conditioner as a first step.

Though, if you use 'cones you might need to shampoo the length of your hair once in a while to prevent or remove build up.
    Thank you! If anyone else desires to answer, feel free!

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

I don't think any of those are necessary but cones do cause some build up so you'd have to shampoo/clarify the length of your hair once in a while. How often depends on your hair.

I'm scared to try CO, I feel it won't work... My hair was never really dry, my scalp has never itched, I think my hair doesn't mind about SL. I probably should try, though...
    Why change if your hair likes what you're doing now? Of course it's fun to try new things but if it's not fun and you're not having any dryness or damage then why bother?

What is SL?

I'm thinking about doing CWC. You condition the entire lenght of the hair in the C, right? But that's is a problem for me, because my hair lasts only 2 days at best without going greasy if I condition more than only my ends :/ I can't use silicone-free conditioner because I can't find one without them! Can someone help me?

Thank you! If anyone else desires to answer, feel free!
    The idea of the first C is to protect the length of your hair from the shampoo. If your roots don't like conditioner then don't put it there!

As far as finding a cone free shampoo, I'm not sure. I see you live in Brazil and I have no idea what's available there. You could try searching the members for longhairs in Brazil and send them a visitor message or PM to ask them.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by holothuroidea
    Why change if your hair likes what you're doing now? Of course it's fun to try new things but if it's not fun and you're not having any dryness or damage then why bother?
    Well I want to have my hair at it's best shape possible, so I'll try whatever sounds good to me.. My hair is alright now, but what if it could be better? If I don't try just because it's already good, then I'll never know...

What is SL?
    Sorry, I forgot the last S. I meant SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate).

As far as finding a cone free shampoo, I'm not sure. I see you live in Brazil and I have no idea what's available there. You could try searching the members for longhairs in Brazil and send them a visitor message or PM to ask them.
    After I try COC and see the results I'll do what you suggest, if needed. Thanks!

Type
    1b/F/ii

Just did a CWC wash. Nothing better or worse than just regular wash-condition. Actually, I think it made my ends slightly dryer...

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Just did a CWC wash. Nothing better or worse than just regular wash-condition. Actually, I think it made my ends slightly dryer...
    Do your conditioners contain any protein?

Type
    1b/F/ii

After some time, the ends are actually better! There is improvement, then.

When I joined LHC, I started using a much smaller amount of shampoo and saw great improvement. In my last wash, I used too little shampoo and my hair felt greasy, as if I hadn't wash it. The ends were good, though. And today I protected the lenght with conditioner, and the ends show improvement. Little, but still, improvement. So, I guess my problem with my dried ends is the sulfate!

In my next wash, I'll try to protect the lenght even more. Let's see what this will result

QUESTION: Will oiling my ends right before a wash (I can't do it overnight) protect them from the shampoo?

Quote Originally Posted by holothuroidea View Post
    Do your conditioners contain any protein?
    This is the formula of the conditioner I used:

AGUA DESMINERALIZADA, ALCOOL CETOESTEARÍLICO, DIMETICONE, CLORETO DE CETIL TRIMETIL AMÔNIO, FRAGRÂNCIA, CORANTE C.I.19140, METILCLOROISOTIAZOLINONA/ METILISOTIAZOLINONA, CORANTE C.I.15510

It's in Portuguese, but the words are very similar.
    There are water, alcohol, cones, chloride, fragrance and coloring.
    Last edited by Renate; January 4th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

After some time, the ends are actually better! There is improvement, then.

When I joined LHC, I started using a much smaller amount of shampoo and saw great improvement. In my last wash, I used too little shampoo and my hair felt greasy, as if I hadn't wash it. The ends were good, though. And today I protected the lenght with conditioner, and the ends show improvement. Little, but still, improvement. So, I guess my problem with my dried ends is the sulfate!

In my next wash, I'll try to protect the lenght even more. Let's see what this will result

QUESTION: Will oiling my ends right before a wash (I can't do it overnight) protect them from the shampoo?

This is the formula of the conditioner I used:

AGUA DESMINERALIZADA, ALCOOL CETOESTEARÍLICO, DIMETICONE, CLORETO DE CETIL TRIMETIL AMÔNIO, FRAGRÂNCIA, CORANTE C.I.19140, METILCLOROISOTIAZOLINONA/ METILISOTIAZOLINONA, CORANTE C.I.15510

It's in Portuguese, but the words are very similar.
    There are water, alcohol, cones, chloride, fragrance and coloring.
    Let us know how it goes!