View Poll Results: How often do you wear your hair loose?

Voters
829. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

287 34.62%
  • Once or twice a week

280 33.78%
  • A few times a month

124 14.96%
  • A few times a year

120 14.48%
  • Never

58 7.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you wear your hair loose?

Length
    28 in/40 in/48+in
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: How often do you wear your hair loose?

i voted "a few times per year" because i have noticed an incredible decrease in damage, tangles, split ends,
    since i started keeping it up. so i will continue keeping it up, all day (at work or play) and when i sleep.
    i let it down only for combing, washing, rebraiding or for a special occasion.
    i will continue like so until i reach at least classic (i am an inch from tailbone now)---

Cold and rainy Sotra in Norway the land of trolls.
    Length
    Chin/Thigh/Calf
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

I do not often wear my hair loose. I always have it bunned or braided when I go out but sometimes I wear it loose around the house if I feel like it. I do love the feeling of long hair loose against my body but at nearly knee length it is to troublesome to keep loose as it get tangled and get into everything.

Length
    APL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I've really got used to wear my hair up and I very rarely wear it loose. If I do, it's usually when I'm at home. I'd say a few times a month at the most. When I go out, it's usually braided.

Length
    11/48.5/54
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I wore it loose almost exclusively for a number of years, but in the last couple years have started keeping it up more and more, and now I almost never leave it down, especially if I'm out of the house. I'll leave it down at home, but otherwise I have it at least braided. When I hit tailbone length was when I started having more issues with just leaving it down, and now I'm at classic, it's tricky for me to have it loose when I'm out and about.

Length
    MBL/Hip/FT
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I almost never leave my hair loose - it is always in a braid. I don't even wear it up all the time for the purpose of a protective style; I have to keep my hair out of my eyes, ears, mouth, etc.
    At hip! Next goal: Tailbone length. Final goal: fingertip length.
    Growing out henna. On a journey back to natural blonde.

1c-2a/F/ii (3")

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

I only wear it loose on very special occasions. I think the most beautiful hair is long, healthy, shiny and natural. That kind of hair is more beautiful than anything you can do to it in terms of styling. My hair is too fine and fragile to wear loose on a regular basis. I get much better growth leaving it up. I am building a very nice collection of hair ornaments to make wearing it up more fun.

Length
    ???/+-35/+- 36
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

I vote always but that is not really true. I wear them loose before work and after work. At home when I am not moving to much and sometimes when I go out but is up pretty much of the time.

Type
    1a/F/ii

I only wear my hair up at home; I have it loose most of the time. I don't think it particularly suits me to have my hair away from my face and I feel quite exposed and on show with it up (insecurities that'd sound ridiculous written down). Up until a few years ago it was loose 24/7 (even in bed) so at least now it's getting some protection by being braided/bunned whilst at home. My hair is thin and rather fine and very, very rarely tangles when loose, thankfully.

Deleted account
    Last edited by Kotone; February 5th, 2022 at 06:55 AM.

Length
    0.1/SHL/MB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Voted all the time, but its more like 80% of the time. If life would give me the chance, it would be 100% of the time. Really I feel so much nicer and more confident with my mane loose!!!!

Im a natural 1B-C head and growing out from so!

<a href=https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69220&dateline=1544502239 target=_blank>https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ine=1544502239</a>