Thread: Haircuts for transition from short to long...

Length
    1.5/33/46+
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Question Haircuts for transition from short to long...

My hair is about shoulder length right now, and all the same length except for slightly shorter pieces next to my face. I'm growing it out to my lower back most likely. I just feel like the length it is now looks really awkward on me, because it floofs out too much at the bottom. My hair is VERY thick, and I feel like I need some layers or something to give me a little more volume up top and less at the ends. I do plan on having some layers in once it reaches my goal length, because it would just be WAYYY to much hair if it was all one length!! (Plus I'm 6' tall so hair to my lower back length would probably be most women's tailbone length...hehe!)

So I would love to hear any suggestions or see any pictures you might have for me! I'd ideally like something that won't take off too much length, and that I can just kind of keep growing out and not have to change the layers too much as it grows, but still have it look pretty.

Help!! When I start to not like how my hair looks I tend to do drastic things to it and I am DETERMINED I will not do that this time!!!!! I am going to make it to at least lower back length!!

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Haircuts for transition from short to long...

I cut mine into a shag with bangs as I was growing out my bob. I really liked it, but now I have to deal with crazy layers.
    January 2012

Length
    -/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm growing out my short shoulder length hair too.. it's now over shoulder but it drives me crazy when some of my layered hair just stick out...

I'm looking forward to end of year for my hair length to reach APL..

Account Closed by Member Request

The most graceful grow out I had was when my hair was slightly shaggy and layered near the bottom (about 2 inches in). It tapered off my poofy shoulder-length cut, but it is easy enough to trim off later when I want equal lengths back.

Length
    Pob!/SL/BSL+
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

These are nice. Just layers and bangs and you can use the length you have.
    - Chin - Shoulder - Collarbone - midway between SL and APL - APL when my arms are lifted up! - APL - BSL -

Length
    1.5/33/46+
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Thank you everybody! I'm saving those pictures That is pretty much what I was thinking of; maybe a liiiitle less layered.

Length
    Pob!/SL/BSL+
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sieren View Post
    Thank you everybody! I'm saving those pictures That is pretty much what I was thinking of; maybe a liiiitle less layered.
    Yeah you can pretty much adapt them to how thick ur hair is, how you want the layers! I think Katy Perry's would look nicher if they were a little more natural and not so blunt. I love Ashlee's but i think they would look better on thicker hair

Obv the styles will look different on your hair to as yours is probably a very different texture
    - Chin - Shoulder - Collarbone - midway between SL and APL - APL when my arms are lifted up! - APL - BSL -