Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Wink Long hair sighting thread!

MOD NOTE: No street shots!
    As a courtesy to others and in acknowledgement of the fact that many members here would object to people taking pictures of them and posting them online without permission, we likewise ask that no one post photos of others without their explicit consent. This is especially true for photos typically known as "street shots" that appear taken without the subjects having been made aware.

I thought this would be a fun thread to share sightings of long hair around you, any interesting stories, given compliments, etc. If there's already a thread like this, mods feel free to let me know and delete this, sorry!

Today I saw the cutest little Indian girl with two braids all the way to her knees, each one three times thicker than my entire single braid ever was! She was with what looked like her grandmother, her head was covered so I couldn't see her hair, but the little girl's hair obviously had been well cared for.
    Last edited by neko_kawaii; May 10th, 2019 at 05:50 PM. Reason: No street shots language added
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    pixie/41''/term?
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Ok so this isn't really a sighting because it's just me and a friend, but I quite like the shot! Her hair is hip-lenght I think.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14846&dateline=121016  5357 Spot the difference?

Length
    shldr/shldr/70 in
    Type
    2c/M/iii

My best irl chick friend has hip/tailbone length hair, which is the second longest hair I've seen around here, so she's a sighting that I have often :P. I've been trying to get her to wear it up more because it's always down, so she's having trouble growing it longer because of the splits necessitating trims.

The first longest was a lady I saw in the parking lot at Lowe's, wavy red hair that was almost knee length. I was busy staring at her in awe, because seeing a REAL LIVE IRL PERSON! with hair that long was a first for me, while worrying that she'd look over and think I was some kind of weirdo.
    Last edited by Nevermore; May 17th, 2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: general butchering of my native language
    Growing my hair back out after some much-needed experimentation and with a color I love!

Length
    14/23/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default a woman I used to work with

I never have any sightings...really, never!

My former coworker had light-blond (natural) hair down to below her bum, somewhere between there and her knees...I haven't seen anyone with that long hair since I last ran into her! (4-5 years back)

Here in the south it's so hot (I guess that's why), there aren't too many people with long hair--everyone I know has "mama cuts" it seems .

This thread made me think about two girls I went to school with whom I would try to sit behind in classes in junior high because I SO admired their long hair! Wish I had pictures of them from behind now--they both cut it in high school <sigh> and I haven't seen them in years anyway.

-lava

Length
    12/35/40
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: a woman I used to work with

I, too, had a friend in grade school with the thickest, most beautiful blond braids below waist length. She always wore braids to school, but each year, guess who got the part of the angel in the Christmas plays - yep, and that was the only time we ever got to see her with her hair down and unbraided. When she entered junior high, she cut off those beautiful braids, and has worn her hair very short ever since.

Rowan Will-o'

Length
    16"/28"/33"

Default Re: Long hair sighting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by swanns View Post
    Ok so this isn't really a sighting because it's just me and a friend, but I quite like the shot! Her hair is hip-lenght I think.

I looked at this picture wondering why it seemed so familiar and then noticed that Olvi on the table...

dreamed she was human... halo_tightens's Avatar
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Here's a funny update-- I just went and had a conversation with the owner of the lovely black hair! We exchanged names and plan to add each other as Facebook friends, lol, and I mentioned this site. She sounded interested, so she may end up here as well. I love happy endings!

Length
    shldr/BSL/waist
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Long-hair guys are somewhat normal around here, but I had a fun thing happened today:

A co-worker has dark blond, thick, blunt cut hair he always wears in a ponytail. It used to be near his waist and then he cut it to APL or so. (He got compared to Legolas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Legolas600ppx.jpg when he had the longer hair).

Tonight at an after work party (a roast), he was speaking about how our manager (female) was admiring his hair or something (I missed the comment, but it was positive as our workplace is pretty open), and since he never wears his hair down, that night he purposely removed his hair band and shook out his hair and gave a certain look in his eyes.

It was great because his hair was not only in great condition but he "worked it"!!

Mad SCIENTIST!
    Length
    1/26.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Okay, who was it...

I saw a thick, shiny, gorgeous head of black, just shy of classic-length hair on a lady at Railway Square, Sydney this morning. I really wanted to chase after her and tell her how much I admired it.

Length
    28"/32.5"/34"

Your hair is gorgeous swanns!
    I have my natural color, finally!
    Sense' S/C, cutting before full moon/equinox. brown seaweed on scalp, brushing