Thread: Henna Rinse?

Length
    27/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Question Henna Rinse?

I've been doing henna glosses for a while now, but it's quite a hassle to do. One thing I noticed, was when there is dye release, it's IN the water. If you mixed up the henna with loads and loads of water, and probably stirred it a bit, would the lawsone dye actually be in the water, and you could just use the water - maybe in a mister bottle?

Because my hair tangles easily and I don't want an orange back I henna my hair upside down, but I've noticed that while the UNDERSIDE of my hair is getting a nice deep colour, the more damaged outside of my hair isn't getting too much of the henna. If I could use a spray bottle, I would be able to just put it on my hair upright, and balance it out more, or even if it still had to be applied upside down, I'd know all of my hair was saturated in henna, because it would be saturated in liquid! (I find it quite hard to tell with a normal henna)

Any one got any ideas on whether or not this would work? Also, just assuming it did, how would you go about storing it, or would you have to make up one spray's worth at a time?

Banned
    Length
    Chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Henna Rinse?

Hello! About henna beeing a nicer deeper colour on the underside of your hair:it's normal because that side is darker in color as it was not exposed to the sun so the color takes the darker tone.Maybe you could try not mixing the water with so much water,as I tried that before and the color was ...in the water!It really is actually in the water!URGH! I tried the spray thing and it didn't work.But it didn't work on me.Maybe it works on you! Good Luck!

Banned
    Length
    Chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Oops,I meant *''try not mixing the HENNA with so much water''.Silly me!

Length
    27/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I was taking into account the fact the underside of my hair's darker anyway - maybe the henna makes it more pronounced, but I think it is the application. So did you find that henna water didn't stain, even though it looked as though the dye were in it?