Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Get This Hair Style

Default Re: How to Get This Hair Style

Thanks for all the great feedback!

I tried the Loepsiecurling method - definitely got the curls... but lol my head looked like a mane! I guess I have more hair than her (stupid me should have realized) so I combined it out and it turned to nice big waves - still a lot of volume so I used a bandana to try to "push" it together and try to de-volumize it. So turns out I have thicker hair than I thought (which is both a good and bad thing)... I guess my question is should I use a de-volumizing cream/spray before I attempt any heat-less curling methods ('cause I figured I'd probably get a lot of volume from any method I try) - if so any suggestions... or maybe something after I curl my hair (sorry if I sound stupid but honestly up until now I just have a ponytail, variations of buns or my hair done)

Also thanks for the eBay link! I just bought those and will give them a shot when I get them immediately (should be around 1 1/2-2 1/2 weeks since it's overseas)

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: How to Get This Hair Style

I've seen them do that kind of a curl on video. You open the curling iron, put it near your scalp (an inch or two from the roots), pick up a strand, and wind it around the barrel of the curling iron. The ends are in contact with the curling iron for maybe a second, then you remove the curling iron. You never clamp the hair into the curling iron for this. It gives that open, wavy spiral curl that you linked.