Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hilarious yahoo article: hair and ...

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: hilarious yahoo article: hair and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Finoriel View Post
    I don´t think it´s cruel to voice an opinion or to not like something someone else made. Personal taste varies.
    I also wanted to give an example here, but didn't want to edit again...I tend to put way more into my edits than I think I will.

Okay. An example. If I were to say to my MIL, "You know...I actually liked the pants you wore to the last party more than I like these," that would just be voicing an opinion and not cruel, I assume. That's leaving aside the fact that she didn't ask for my opinion, but as you said, if someone puts something out there for all to see, it's up for criticism...right?

Okay, now if instead of the above, I were to say, "You know, I never realized how much of your fat you carry in your *ss. I'm really surprised. I mean, I know you must be well in excess of 200 lbs. That's just pretty much a given. But most people seem to carry their excess of weight a bit more evenly distributed. I wonder why it is that your *ss is so absolutely, disproportionately enormous? I mean even bigger than your arms?" I assume that still wouldn't be cruel, right? It's an opinion. It's a negative one, but, hey, again...she did put her own *ss out there for all to see, in black velvet pants of all things.

Now. How about if I added laughter, called her fashion sense "crap," and invited others to join in the gaiety? At this point, in your opinion, would it be cruel yet?

In *my* opinion, yes, it would be. I don't buy the whole "...but if it's true, it's just an opinion and therefore it's fine to say" thing. Perhaps you were dumped by a significant other at some point. Surely saying "Well, you were dumped last time so I wouldn't count on this one working out either...I mean just be careful since there's no reason it couldn't as easily happen again" might be an opinion but how is it not cruel? "Oh my god, that painting job you did on your living room is pure cr*p" might be another opinion...and so on, and so on. I'm sure you get the idea.

I seem to see a rather unsettling pattern starting up here on LHC, which until this point has always seemed pretty supportive to me. It's the "Look at that idiot"-style thread. Usually it centers on short hair -- oh, excuse me, "soccer mom haircuts" and "poodle old-lady perms" -- but now it's veering off into new territory; "crap" articles. I only ask this: What would anyone saying such mean things think if he or she were spoken about in this way?

Length
    mback/tbone/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Hahah I'm not sure if my hairstyles fit with ponytails or messy buns. Hmmm

I like some of the comments. "What about a bald head? I guess we have no sexuality."
    Being who you are is the ultimate compliment to yourself ~ Secretmidnight
    My album

Length
    Jaw/n/a/Hip?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Default Re: article: hair and sex

Quote Originally Posted by slythwolf View Post
    I suppose it goes without saying that they assume everyone is straight. XD
    And sticks to the one hairstyle

According to the article, I'm straight and sexually confused
    Hanging out around BSL and just going with the flow.

Length
    Jaw/n/a/Hip?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

GlennaGirl I have't said anything critical about the article but I sure thought it. I'm aware some poor person got paid to write on this topic. But when someone does a shoddy job of something, they should expect criticism. That applies to this article. It is poorly written and screams of being made up just to fill space in a magazine.
    Hanging out around BSL and just going with the flow.

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I wear my hair in a braid . . . maybe that means I am complex, or have many personality traits woven together? What a joke. These kinds of articles are hilarious.

Type
    1c/F/i

As the OP I have to say, I only posted the link because it *is* an amusing article, and deliberately so. The article is clearly facetious in tone, and as others have mentioned, Cosmo aims for outrageousness and amusement. I thought others might enjoy the article's humour as well, and many here have posted amusing comments in response, comments quite in keeping with the facetious tone of the original article. I did NOT start a BASHING THREAD, nor was that my intention when I posted the link. The article itself is clearly intended as light humour, and I'm not sure why user comments at the bottom of the page it appears on should mean that LHCers shouldn't be able to enjoy the humour, or that enjoying the humour of the article - again, a deliberately facetious article - signals a trend here at LHC, either. Sorry, GlennaGirl, I have to disagree with you on this one (though not on the callousness of the Internet - I have actually written articles on that myself!!) - I enjoy your posts, though, and I love your hair too, btw!
    Last edited by dropinthebucket; July 26th, 2010 at 03:53 PM.

Length
    Pixie/44"/Term.
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

User #32's comment: "a bun just makes a woman look old."

I was having fun reading some of the comments, up until that one

This was amusing!

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

What if you do all of those hairstyles? XD I agree with Merlin, it seems all the hairstyles stated screams "sex!" in some way.

Default Re: article: hair and sex

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    You notice that none of the options suggested that you might not be interested in having sex right now - as in "your hair is pulled back in a bun means you've been bathing the dog"
    *gigglefit*