Thread: no heat curls!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default no heat curls!

Hi everyone!

I am new here and I have a kabillion questions. I have been reading some posts so I know there are tons of posts out there about this but...

I really want to do some no heat curls. Now my hair is super thick and course so I would have to do the curls on dry hair and sleep on it.

My biggest concern: Comfort!! What do you guys recommend? Spong rollers, pin curls, japanese sponge ball curlers?

I would love to do pin curls (even if I had to sit under the dryer) but can someone point me to a good tutorial of rolling??

I would love to hear your thoughts about your preferred methods!

Thanks!

Lisa

Length
    14"/25"/waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: no heat curls!

Hiya, Firstly I can't do heat free curls when my hair is wet because it will never dry completely. I do curl my hair when it is freshly washed and just about dry. I use a bit of mousse (I find aussie mousse is best for me as its not sticky or crunchy). I prefer to used bendy foam rods to curl and just leave them in for an hour or so. When I take them out I leave them to relax on there own for awhile, then gently seperate with my fingers - no comb.

Length
    SL/Hip/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

A very similarly asked question is answered in this thread:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...14#post1180214
    Wobbly are the walls ofmy mind. ~ Hip onward to tailbone and beyond~ No trimming 2021 from 8th February 2021 ~ My hair type is Asian.

Thanks!! Great info!

Oh my gosh...I did the sock bun updo last night. I had to do two buns cause I have so much hair ....and....it looked like I had enough hair for 5 people after I took it down. The bottom of my hair did great but the top was out of control. I didn't even curl...just a strange wave that was a frizzy mess.

My bun was so neat and tidy too! LOL. I wonder if it has anything to do with my stupid layers??

Length
    10/22/39
    Type
    1b/F/ii

i just saw this thing called microwavable heat cap that steams your hair. you put your curlers in and leave it two minutes then let it cool and you get curly curly hair without products or drying heat. or you can go to youtube and search no heat curls. michelle phan has one that i like that uses brown paper bags. or you can use rags. I had a hair dresser tell me they used to use tin cans back when she was a little girl lol.