Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leave in conditioner, good or bad

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Leave in conditioner, good or bad

Today I for the first time used usual conditioner as leave in. I used a very small amount from my washing conditioner.

It feels really great! Like generously oiled, but do not look oiled, and do not draw dust and lint.

But I wonder if anyone know about if it is bad to use usual conditioner as leave in. Will it harm in any way? Should it just be used for a limited time, rinsed out? Could i dry my hair by forming a film like cones?

I checked a leave in conditioner (for dogs) that I found in the pharmacy, and the ingredients looked like the ones in usual conditioner. So are they (conditioner to rinse out and leave in conditioner) the same, but with different amount of water?

Length
    15/15/TBL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Leave in conditioner, good or bad

As far as I know, leave in conditioners are pretty much the same stuff as regular, only a little lighter.

I have used normal conditioner as a leave in for a couple of years and nothing bad has happened because of it

As it used to be

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Naava View Post
    As far as I know, leave in conditioners are pretty much the same stuff as regular, only a little lighter.

I have used normal conditioner as a leave in for a couple of years and nothing bad has happened because of it
    Good, I think I will keep using it, if it keeps on feeling as good as now, and if nobody comes into this thread and tells something bad about it.

I don't know anything about leave in conditioners, so I don't know if they are considered good or not.

Length
    Bob/Bob/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I got some of the most compliments on my hair after leaving just a tiny bit of my usual conditioner in.

As long as you don't accidentally put too much in it should be fine.

Length
    3 in./BSL/TLB
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

My hair is more curly than yours, but I can't live without leaving in conditioner.
    My hair would be a big poufy mess!
    It would also be dry.

Leave ins are a good thing I think.

If it starts to build up, you could always stop using it.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

You should be fine using your regular conditioner as a leave in. I've done it with various conditioners for years and I've used different commercial leave ins. Both worked fine. I've often put too much on which meant I had to bun it and maybe wash it again sooner than planned. I always have hair lint, leave in or not leave in. I'd love to have that go away

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    22.5/BSL/??
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I use my normal conditioner as a leave in as well Do it every time after I wash it. It's never hurt it, always makes it a lot nicer!
    ~*~*From BSL to waist in 2010*~*~

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

This is one of the main parts of The Curly Girl Method. It's totally fine to leave "regular" conditioner in your hair -- I'm one who does it with EVERY CO-wash or WO-rinse.

Check out this site and you'll see just how much conditioner some of us curlies leave in every day... it might shock you!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Loves coffee & updos Chamomile betty's Avatar
    Length
    20.5/BS/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Hey if you love it go for it.
    I have been using Suave Humectant Conditioner a few times a week as a leave in. Honestly, I didn't care for it as a regular conditioner but found it works better as a leave in. I did it just on a whim and have loved it ever since.
    Just make sure to watch for buildup if any.
    20.5 ~ BS ~ 30 *Natural Blond w/ High & Lowlights* Bangs/Long Layers* Cone and Non Cone Products
    Always trying new products & styles.

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Thank you all for your answers and thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    This is one of the main parts of The Curly Girl Method. It's totally fine to leave "regular" conditioner in your hair -- I'm one who does it with EVERY CO-wash or WO-rinse.

Check out this site and you'll see just how much conditioner some of us curlies leave in every day... it might shock you!
    So some curlies actually do not at all rinse out the last conditioner? (English is not my first language, so I might have missed something.)

I have gotten problems with stickyness from oiling. So I would love something that works better. I used to oil a lot, but not since I got the sticky feeling. I think I will keep trying with conditioner. It made my hair much easier to comb, and the braid tassel did not tangle at all (it do not use to really tangle in a severe way, but much enough to not just run a comb straight through, which I could with the conditioner left in).