Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leave in conditioner, good or bad

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: Leave in conditioner, good or bad

Quote Originally Posted by auburn View Post
    Most leave-in conditioners leave my hair like it's dusty. And the rest make it turn oily in just one day.I'd rather put on a mask and rinse it if I want an extra-care.
    No leave-ins for me.
    I can get that dusty feeling from oils. Even camellia and coconut. It can feel a bit sticky and rough.

And I got a bit of it when I used a conditioner that felt a bit waxy as deep conditioner base.

Maybe a lighter conditioner would work better for you, if your hair gets oily?

Length
    14"/25"/waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I've discovered leaving-in regular conditioner (from LHC, thank you). Its changed my hair for the better, the frizz has reduced ALOT, and it's shiner and more relaxed. I have had to experiment with different conditioners to which works best for the second (leave in). I apply the second conditioner when my hair is soaking wet then squeeze the excess water out. This seems to help me not over load the hair with conditioner, but just lightly coat it. I only ever use leave in from ears to ends. I couldn't wash my hair without a leave in now.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HotRag View Post
    Thank you for the description. I never before had a thought on leaving my conditioner in my hair.
    Honestly, if you'd told me a year ago that I'd be leaving regular conditioner on my hair, I'd have thought you were insane!

I was so very skeptical about it, thinking it would leave my hair looking dull, greasy, and/or sticky. If I put conditioner on dry hair, it does look gunky. But putting it on wet hair makes my curls curl even more (scary, I know!), and they frizz a lot less and are very very shiny too.

I never would have believed it, though, until I saw it for myself.

Also, I've been meaning to tell you, I LOVE your waves in your signature picture! I've always been so jealous of people with nice uniform waves like that!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by alwayssmiling View Post
    This seems to help me not over load the hair with conditioner, but just lightly coat it.
    alwayssmiling, you might want to try a wet styling comb for distributing the conditioner. I picked this one up about a month ago, and I don't know how I lived without it!

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Also, I've been meaning to tell you, I LOVE your waves in your signature picture! I've always been so jealous of people with nice uniform waves like that!
    Thank you
    They are mostly from a braid in that pic. In my album I have different pics that shows from 2a (?) or something, to 1b (I don't think 1a since it never is as smooth as the 1a people's hair). The waves keep together, but when I had my 80's cut (in the 80's ) I hated those big waves that just made my cut look unsymmetrical, looking like I had styled it completely different on the right and left side

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

when I had my 80's cut (in the 80's ) I hated those big waves that just made my cut look unsymmetrical, looking like I had styled it completely different on the right and left side
    You think YOU looked unsymmetrical in the 80s??? That was NOT a good decade to be me!!!!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Here's a picture of my hair after being loose all day at the office.

I CO-washed, conditioned, and leave-in conditioned with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut:

Soft, shiny, happy hair...

No gunkiness, dullness, or stickiness, and very limited frizz for being loose for the past 12 hours.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Thank you all!

Thank you.

I found this, have you seen it? http://www.specialchem4cosmetics.com...nci/index.aspx

Seem to link to a lot of articles about the ingredients.

But it also seem to a hard work to check up all ingredients in a normal conditioner. (And do that to several conditioners.)
    I have not seen that one. I am looking for more about the individual ingredient when I am researching it. Knowing how it is classified and used is very important too though. Thank you!
    Last edited by ktani; July 22nd, 2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

GRU: your hair looks fantastic And I can see it still holds together and looks great after those 12 hours.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

GRU: your hair looks fantastic And I can see it still holds together and looks great after those 12 hours.
    Thanks HR!

As long as I don't run my fingers through it, it really doesn't move much throughout the day. As was evident in my album, curly hair does NOT like to be messed around with -- just let it do its thing and it behaves MUCH better!