Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F/i lament-rant: this is gonna sounds nasty...

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Default Re: F/i lament-rant: this is gonna sounds nasty...

Quote Originally Posted by dropinthebucket View Post
    ....but long hair is suddenly gestalt on my campus - it's like everywhere - which is great, but i see so many longhairs out there (not here!!! here is like safe haven! ) who bleach and dye within an inch of their lives, heat dry, straighten, product like nuts, and scary hair accessories - and always wear it down - AND their hair still looks long and luscious!! even worse, i just saw one girl *rake* a nasty-looking brush through her waist-length hair quickly before class.

meanwhile, me with my slow-growing, fragile-as-glass hair has to fight for every inch, and even when it's as healthy as possible with no heat, no straightening, no bleach, no dye, no combing, no brushing, wearing it up, gentle washing, careful hair toys, oiling - i still get half the results they do. i'm bummed - why even bother to grow it? sorry, just feeling a bit frustrated right now. thanks for all the kind words and to all the wonderful people here!! it helps.
    (((( Dropinthebucket ))))
    I sooo feel you!! It seems very unfair that our genetics have cheated as so greatly.
    But I will tell you what my DH always tells me (and he is a former hairstylist).
    “Thin, fine hair is great!. Its easy to manage, quick to dry and heavenly to cut. ”
    I haven’t bought into that yet … lol … but I’m trying!!

Do take pride in the fact that your hair is as healthy as YOU can make it.
    And never mind everyone else. I’m sure you have something that THEY want and don’t have.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Extensions would definitely explain the sudden long hair (everyone wants to feel it on their backs while wearing strappy tops, I guess).

Remember too, that hair often looks way better at 5-10 feet away, while you see yours from inches away. A lot of those folks probably have it completely coated with silicone serum, too, in an attempt to keep the length glued together.

Your hair may not look as luscious as some (and I feel for you -- I'm in the same camp with my 2.5 inch circumference), but I'll bet it feels amazingly better than a lot of what you're seeing.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

There's a lot of long hair around here, and I've been told (by those in the culture itself) that it's definitely cultural; there is a large Spanish population and there's just a ton of long hair. And ALL of it is longer, thicker, darker and shiner than mine. Or that's what it feels like, anyway.

If I were to only grow my hair if it would look better than, or at least as good as (in my view...particularly with thickness) the long hair of those around me, I'd just be shaving myself with a Wahl #2 once a month.

One doesn't have to have a certain thickness, etc. in order to be "allowed" to have long hair.

Length
    21.5/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I used to feel this way too (like Anje I'm a 2.5" ii), and it is frustrating, but unfortunately, we get what we get when it comes to hair. I hated my hair until I was in my early 30's and still have my moments, but since I learned that I can't do anything to my hair and have it look nice, it's gotten better. I'm sure it will for you too.

Since we can't change the way our hair grows out of our head, I feel like it's definitely one of those things that is wasted energy to fight.

It is annoying that others can abuse their hair and it looks better than mine, but I can only work with what I've got.

Getting closer...

Length
    SL/Hip/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

I wish I was F (Fully)! I want the soft gentle, swaying locks. I have a few F hairs, and they're so soft compared to the rest of my hair!
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind the fragility much. I long for super soft hair, and I still can't find the correct formula for it!

See, there's a positive outlook to it, someone wants the Fness!
    PS. I think your hair looks absolutely gorgeous, from what I see of it!
    Also, extensions are getting popular lately.
    Last edited by Sammich; July 20th, 2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Wobbly are the walls ofmy mind. ~ Hip onward to tailbone and beyond~ No trimming 2021 from 8th February 2021 ~ My hair type is Asian.

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Talking Re: F/i lament-rant: this is gonna sounds nasty...

My step-sister has amazing classic hair, and has since she was 15. She thinks it is at its terminal length, but I disagree. The thing is, when you get close and see it you notice it gets thin and really ragged at the bottom foot, and sheds broken hair like crazy. This doesn't stop her from being a beautiful and wonderful person, with pretty hair. Neither does it make my own hair any less precious or pretty.
    Love your hair, and be confident, and other people will love it to.
    Princess Bob

Length
    35/54/Knee?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

All the same which I do, it will give ever someone in the world to that better, more intelligent or more beautiful is than I.

Make you no competition out your hair travel.

To enjoy otherwise you only frustrated and forgotten their own way.

Concentrate you only on which you do that is only which you even in the hand have and influence take can.

If you with you are on the inside content you will also outward radiate.

Like inside so outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Feng-Shui View Post
    If you with you are on the inside content you will also outward radiate.

Like inside so outside.
    So true, so true...

Type
    1c/F/i

So much wisdom!!! This is why I hang here. Thnx for words of sympathy and encouragement!
    Last edited by dropinthebucket; July 21st, 2010 at 09:02 AM.

Type
    2a/2b/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by dropinthebucket View Post
    centaur, i'm sendin' good healing vibes your way! you're an inspiration.
    That is so nice of you to write. Healing vibes to you too and all the other ladies and gentlemen in the same hair loss boat.

I'll tell you this, Dropinthebucket, I would pour cat pee on my scalp if I thought it would help with regrowth. I am determined!

I will some time late this week add a couple photos to my album of my temples and hairline and crown showing the thinned hair. You can't tell my thin crown in my avatar because I have my long bangs slicked back over it. It isn't horrible yet, but I can tell it is thin.
    Last edited by Centaur; July 21st, 2010 at 10:00 AM.
    Avatar - pic of my hair taken June 2011