Thread: might cut it

Length
    .5/15/30
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default might cut it

i was thinking of cutting cuz i massive dead ends what do you think my hair is at breast length and my ends go up near my collar bone.what do you think?

Length
    21/22/40
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: might cut it

Welcome! What is your haircare routine....maybe instead of needing a cut you can try some of the "restore" methods on this website like SMT, CO, oiling, etc. Can you post a picture?

Type
    1a/M/ii

If it was my hair I would have all th dad ends chopped, so I could start growing it again with perfect hair. The longer you leave cutting split ends the more you will have to chop off. I know a guy who needs over 2 foot chopped off, but won't do it because it's too much length to lose. If he'd done it when I suggested he would only be losing around 16 inches

Length
    21/22/40
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Pixi stix is right! When I started growing...I did a chop to get me started. I did not need a big one, but it did help get me growing on the right foot. Now that I CO, oil, etc., I won't need another cut for 4-6 months and then I'll do a microtrim. S&D inbetween...

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I think you should try a clarifying wash followed by a deep conditioning treatment before you decide how much you need to trim away. Ends that have a buildup of product on them act just like dry, damaged ends. When they're clarified and moisture-treated, they are often not as bad as you thought.

Length
    ~23/33/33
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I agree with ptnicole and Spidermom--try clarifying and deep conditioning to see what condition your ends are actually in. Mine tended to get nasty due to product buildup, and once it was gone the ends weren't that bad. Actual splits are different; nothing you can do other than cutting will make them go away. If the ends are split and broken more than a targeted S&D could remedy, then you can consider a big chop to start with good ends, if that is your personal preference.

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I agree chop of the dead bits and start out fresh and use the methods to prevent damage. Oh and WELCOME!!!
    Currently at 29inches!!! MBL
    Goal is 40 inches which is Classic for me! I'm only 5'3''

Welcome!!!