Thread: Hair looks shorter than it is

Angry Hair looks shorter than it is

Hey guys!

After FINALLY working out how to post a thread, I though i'd start off with a recurring problem of mine -
    My hair looks shorter than it is!!

Due to a (stupid) hairstylist, my hair is ALOT shorter at the front than at the back... resulting in hair that is just past shoulders at the front, and just past APL at the back!! Very annoying...
    Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, is it only in Australia that they have the NuBrush? I bought one a few weeks ago, it looks sort of like a dog brush, but it is for stimulating massage to the scalp, and we all know that's nice, right?

Thankyou all, lovely ladies!
    Good luck in your journeys to you all.

Default Re: Hair looks shorter than it is

*bump*

hehehe anyone?

Type
    1a/M/ii

I think one solution to the length difference is slowly trimming the back while not trimming or trimming less length from the front, so that eventually your hair will be all one length (will take a lot of time though...).
    The other solution is to grow longer while trimming an even length from all sections (or not trimming at all - depends on what you prefer), so that eventually you will have a U-shaped hemline (when the front will be long enough not to fall forward over your shoulders). That too will take some time...
    Usually there are no quick fixes when it comes to hair, unfortunately... Just don't give up, it will all get right eventually.
    Good luck with whatever you deside to do

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

My front hair just grows shorter than my back hair, at least parts of it do. Until I got some good length it was most irritating.

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I have this problem too and it's really annoying. My 11 year old has exactly the same length as me (in inches) although it looks longer on her because a) it's all one length and b) she's generally smaller so it sits further down on her body than on me. People always comment on how long her hair is getting. Here is me trying desperately to grow my hair, looking shorter because of my silly layers. At the back I am BSL but at the front I am barely APL and feel like I have been so for AGES!!

Type
    1a/1b/F/i

I have the same problem because of my short layers. From the front I feel my hair looks almost shoulder length but if you take a photo of my hair behind it looks like it should be past my chest. I take Biotin and it grows pretty fast. I added bangs to my hair and it makes it appear a little longer. Good luck growing!