Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair growth envy

Length
    CHIN/BSL-/??
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Hair growth envy

Biotin can help increase your growing rate.....do a search...there are a number of threads on here about it.....

Lady Maniai of the Unquenched Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Yes, try biotin. It works wonders. Mine just arrived in the mail, I buy the sublingual kind... tastes like berries.

It also makes my body hair and eyebrows grow faster so I have to do a lot more plucking and shaving but its worth it!

Oh yeah, and I need to trim my nails twice a week to keep them short!

Tiny Opera Singer SlightlySoprano's Avatar
    Length
    SL/~APL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Just to be devils advocate for a moment:

Grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side...

My mom's hair grows like weed, which also means she has to pay for her root touch ups more often! Faster growing hair = more expensive when you color it!
    Chin--Shoulder--APL--BSL-- MBL-- Waist
    2c/3a-F-i/ii

Length
    13/33.5/tb?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Just to be pedantic, all of us grow hair effortlessly.

Natorade you might be jealous of people whose hair grows faster, but you appear blessed to have hair that appears long even when it's short. Don't know if that makes sense, but if my hair was as short as your avatar, it would not have all that bounce, curl and personality.

Goal: grow out ponytail damage, improve texture and shine, and maybe grow to tailbone length

Length
    pixie/waist/clssc
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by HikerTrash View Post

Natorade you might be jealous of people whose hair grows faster, but you appear blessed to have hair that appears long even when it's short. Don't know if that makes sense, but if my hair was as short as your avatar, it would not have all that bounce, curl and personality.
    I did not think my hair grew fast, til I bleached it beach barbie blonde again. When did my hair star growing so fast I can see roots after a week??
    Well it always grew this fast now I can see it .
    For the growth in two years, a foot of growth, that is about right.

Length
    30/50/50
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HikerTrash View Post

A few years ago I said to my mother that I was working hard at growing my hair long. She gave me a strange look and said she didn't understand how someone could work at growing hair. She had a good point. I put a lot of energy into taking care of it and trying to give it good conditions, but it does its own growing.
    Reached my goal of knee length/50 inches. Now seeing how long it will go! Long Hair Carolyn on YouTube

Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

People always comment on how fast my hair grows. I think it's partly because I don't cut and trim all the time. I do get more than the average, but it also helps to have healthy hair you don't have to trim, and not maintaining a "style".
    What gets me though sometimes is that some people are almost at waist with 27" hair, and I'm just upper bsl!! Like six more inches to waist!!
    NECK SL APL MBL WAIST HIP TBL CLASSIC
    Wishing for sparkly Ficcare Unicorns: Large or medium Superstars

I know what you mean. My hair grows so slowly. I cry when I get an inch after a couple of months. *sigh*

Anyway screw hair, you are gorgeous!

Length
    neck/BSL/waste

My friend dyes her hair, bleaches it, straightens it, and blowdries her hair ALL the time and hers grows faster than me! Its really not fair
    "When alone on the hills... With the wind in your hair ...With a longing to feel... Just to be free"