Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *sigh* hating my hair right now

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: *sigh* hating my hair right now

Like Haircoloredhair, my solution for cycles of hating my hair is just to hurry-up-quick put it up every day without even looking at it. I'm doing that right now because I don't want to trim it until I get to my goal, classic length. I'm so close, but I'm noticing so many splits, and I just don't want to cut it. So up it goes.

Length
    SL/WAIST/HIP?!

I totally understand what you are going through!
    Last year I had a major shed and all I wanted to do was crawl up into a ball and hide! For me, it turns out that the shampoo that I was using caused me to shed, so once I eliminated it the problem was gone! Maybe you added something to your routine that is not working out.
    I hope things get better for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by heynormy View Post

I totally understand what you are going through!
    Last year I had a major shed and all I wanted to do was crawl up into a ball and hide! For me, it turns out that the shampoo that I was using caused me to shed, so once I eliminated it the problem was gone! Maybe you added something to your routine that is not working out.
    I hope things get better for you!!
    My shampoo I used to use made me shed terrible too...

Best of luck!

Length
    ear/TBL+!/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I second (third?) the put-it-up suggestions -- one of the blessings of long hair is that you can tuck away when it's not behaving. It sounds like you're taking good care of your health, so I'm sure your hair will respond -- sometimes it just takes a while. I think some curlies find their hair stretches more to waves as it grows longer (definitely not an expert, sorry!). Speaking as a near straight-hair, I think your wurly/curly hair is lovely!

Hang in there! One day soon you'll take your hair down and notice something wonderful about it -- how soft it is, or the pretty colour, or perhaps the length (!), and feel repaid for your efforts.
    Lady Xi of the Maple Tree in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!
    Avatar picture from Brunnhilde with her horse at the mouth of the cave by Arthur Rackham