Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hair fail! (Venting.. please share yours!)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    27/Ankle/Floor
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Re: Hair fail! (Venting.. please share yours!)

Second to last time I got my hair cut, the girl was very impatient. I have long, thick hair that tangles when wet. So really, it should be cut dry. Anyway, I asked for a little layering at the front, to take the bluntness out of the ends. She did one side great, but the other was like a blunt step, and much larger than the other one.
    Biggest hair fail! I got the hacked side trimmed to be more of a gradient, but the layered side is still bigger on one side than the other.

Length
    34/Long/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

This one was so long ago that none of the hairs involved are still part of my life, but once I was trying to cut a rubber band out from some kind of a half up snarl situation and I cut the hair instead. I can still remember the sinking OMG type feeling and the compulsion to invent explanation for the missing chunk of hair rather than admit the cause.

Length
    chin/TB/knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

My biggest hair fail: asking for a quarter inch trim (literally, holding up my fingers saying "LITERALLY, only a QUARTER INCH) then spacing out for the next five minutes. Two inches, slight layers, and a U shaped hemline, NONE of which I wanted. Dangit. I'm finding a new salon and asking for a hand mirror to WATCH the entire trim next time. I'd self trim, but that's asking for trouble.
    “Genius is nothing more nor less than childhood recovered at will.” ~ Charles Baudelaire

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by italianamama View Post
    My biggest hair fail: asking for a quarter inch trim (literally, holding up my fingers saying "LITERALLY, only a QUARTER INCH) then spacing out for the next five minutes. Two inches, slight layers, and a U shaped hemline, NONE of which I wanted. Dangit. I'm finding a new salon and asking for a hand mirror to WATCH the entire trim next time. I'd self trim, but that's asking for trouble.
    just wanted to say you have beautiful hair, mine is wavy rather than curly but looks slightly frizzy

Length
    chin/TB/knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post
    just wanted to say you have beautiful hair, mine is wavy rather than curly but looks slightly frizzy
    THANK YOU!!! How did you know I needed an ego boost today That pic was a GREAT hair day- I am also participating in the siege warfare that is combatting the frizzies
    “Genius is nothing more nor less than childhood recovered at will.” ~ Charles Baudelaire

Length
    SL-28/36/40
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

At least your ends would have felt good after a two inch trim, right italianamama?

Length
    chin/TB/knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Koots View Post
    At least your ends would have felt good after a two inch trim, right italianamama?
    My ends are the BANE of my existance!!! Dry, dry, and drier, even after a trim.

Length
    BSL/Chin/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Went to the salon today. I'm fairly happy with my cut, but the lady was so mean to my hair. My scalp still feels a little sore and my appointment was almost 12 hours ago! She kept pulling and twisting and stuff. :/
    At least it looks and feels nice though. My ends were super crunchy and dry.

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Wow, this is a scary thread to read right before a hair appointment, lol !
    * please don't let me have a hair fail, please please please *

Type
    2c/F/iii

Last summer I went to go get sideswept bangs and the woman took them WAY too far back. I had a huge chunk of hair missing and had to get layers put in to try and blend them in. I was (and still am slightly) upset.