Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Grabby strangers personal bubble

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Grabby strangers personal bubble

As someone with a large-ish and definite "bubble," (arms' length, please) I tend to get downright obnoxious if someone (a stranger, usually) touches my hair (or any other body part) without leave. Make a giant scene. Embarass him (or her). A loud exclamation will usually do it- something like: "Excuse me?! Can I help you?", "Where have your hands been?", "I'll thank you to keep yourself to yourself, please."

Mind you, I don't respond this way when a child walks up and touches my hair. That happens too (often as the parents stand by watching, and that drives me up the wall), but I try to be nicer. I'm not a mean person, but I really don't like to be touched by strangers. I'm not even especially "touchy-feely" with family.

Of course if your hair is in a braid and someone startles you by touching it, you could always spin around and smack them in the face with it...

Okay, I admit it. Having my person violated realy brings out the worst in me.
    Last edited by UncommonTart; July 15th, 2010 at 08:17 PM.

Length
    17/36/Term.
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I've only had one person come up and touch my hair, and I think he was attempting to flirt with me (*pulling* on a persons braids is not a good flirting strategy, FYI). I also almost *always* bun my hair though, so unless you know what long hair looks like bunned, you don't know. I occasionally have strangers come up and ask me how long my hair is if it were down.

What I do have happen quite frequently is dogs coming up and grabbing my braid, I think it reminds them of those rope toys. Not just my dog, but friends and family's dogs too! I was awakened earlier today from a nap on the couch by my dog trying to take off with the braid attached to my head. :-P

Length
    10/22/39
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by italianamama View Post
    Just past waist here, and no grabbing yet. Lots of comments and staring though, which I'm okay with. I have a big public personal bubble too! So go ahead and grab away, that is if you want to lose a digit in the process.
    i'm sorry for some reason I cannot see anyone's profile but I love your hair, did you sleep with rollers in it? it is beautiful

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

People always come up behind me and just randomly touch my hair. . . it drives me insane, because I'm a touchy person who doesn't mind being touched by people I know, I do not like when it's people I don't know.

Why do some people think it's perfectly okay to touch a stranger without asking?
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Random people have been playing with my hair since I was little, so I suppose I'm just used to it. I actually think it feels nice