Thread: Changes to my hair

Length
    Pob!/SL/BSL+
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

Default Changes to my hair

Im noticing it feels thicker when its wet, and takes FOREVER to try...ok bout 6 hours or so....

More and more of the hair is fitting into updos and i managed a regular braid last night (it fell out very quick!).

But when i was combing it (when it was wet) there seemed to be alot of hairs coming out. I know its normal to shred around 100 hairs per day, more in the summer, but how much is not normal? I didnt count them and of course i had my hair up all day which i guess could account for loose hairs? It just seemed alot....and not when i was washing my hair, just combing.

Now in certain light i can see shorter hairs at my parting. They arnt long enough to be broken hairs from my updo (a plain mid height pony with layers hanging out). Could they just be new hairs? Or more likely broken ones?

Im not one for treatments etc. I just cant find the time and money to go out and get what i need. I have coconut oil which i find makes it stringy and greasy. And i use cones ans sls as i cant see a differance between the cone-free etc.

Should i be trying a different routine? Or continue S&Cing? I keep meaning to CWC but always forget mid poo!
    - Chin - Shoulder - Collarbone - midway between SL and APL - APL when my arms are lifted up! - APL - BSL -

Length
    short/32.5/35
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Changes to my hair

The little hairs most likely mean that your haircare is better than it used to be and you are getting new growth

Also when I brush I notice alot of hair but it's the length making it look like more, so it probably looks more becauyse your hair is longer... I really hope that makes sence. Cones just coat the hair, hiding any damage, some people avoid them so they can see damage and remove it, or because it is drying (It is for me) but if it's working for you, then I don't see a reason to change, unless you feel like a change.
    Lady Leporidę of Caerbannog in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pob!/SL/BSL+
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

Oh i hope they are new hairs...they will be slighty less annoying!! Seriously i look like ive put my finger in a plug socket!!

And i noticed some dry skin on my hair the other day...i dont feel like i burned my head in the sun but i never have dandruff!
    - Chin - Shoulder - Collarbone - midway between SL and APL - APL when my arms are lifted up! - APL - BSL -

Length
    short/32.5/35
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Lol! Mine are around my ears now and so very fine I know what you mean about plug sockets

I get flakies when I get stressed and general itchiness (grrrr) I CO and do a final vinegar rinse after washing that helps keep it down, although i'm not sure if you can use vinegar and cones....someone will come along soon who'll know

Length
    Pob!/SL/BSL+
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

I have tried CO for about a week, i found that my hair was much too greasy!!

I have trouble getting S/C without the sls and cones for a small price! In my local ASDA i looked for aaages reading the bottles but couldnt find 1!

I use the herbal essences products atm. I havent tried a vinegar rinse but i didnt think to ask whether cones would affect the outcome?! I live in a hard water area too so i guess the vinegar could help?

Length
    short/32.5/35
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

It couldn't hurt to try vinegar, I use 100ml in one litre water.

there's a list of cone free conditioners in my siggy, no sls free shampoo in there though. I need to update it too, to include some new stuff.

Length
    3 in./BSL/TLB
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kristymarie87 View Post
    Im noticing it feels thicker when its wet, and takes FOREVER to try...ok bout 6 hours or so....

More and more of the hair is fitting into updos and i managed a regular braid last night (it fell out very quick!).

But when i was combing it (when it was wet) there seemed to be alot of hairs coming out. I know its normal to shred around 100 hairs per day, more in the summer, but how much is not normal? I didnt count them and of course i had my hair up all day which i guess could account for loose hairs? It just seemed alot....and not when i was washing my hair, just combing.

Now in certain light i can see shorter hairs at my parting. They arnt long enough to be broken hairs from my updo (a plain mid height pony with layers hanging out). Could they just be new hairs? Or more likely broken ones?

Im not one for treatments etc. I just cant find the time and money to go out and get what i need. I have coconut oil which i find makes it stringy and greasy. And i use cones ans sls as i cant see a differance between the cone-free etc.

Should i be trying a different routine? Or continue S&Cing? I keep meaning to CWC but always forget mid poo!
    Didn't you recently dye your hair black?
    This can account for the changes in thickness and drying time.

The short hairs may just be new hairs growing in, but they didn't stand out as much before the dye.

I can't really answer on the routine. I've tried so many different routines myself, that I can only come to the conclusion to do whatever works for you. If that's S&C, then fine, CWC? Cool. Whatever makes the hair and scalp happy.

Hope that helps.