Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hard water, yikes!

Length
    17/28/34
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: Hard water, yikes!

I was talking to a friend of mine here, and he said that a good alternative to buying a water softener is to rent one! Apparently they have one in their home that costs them 13 a month...that gets you an industrial strength softener and maintenance and installation...and if it turns out hard water wasn't really as much of an issue as you thought it was, hey, you didn't waste a whole lot of money. I was thinking about going that route, but haven't investigated more yet.
    So I waited for the riddled sky
    To be solved again by the sunrise

Elvis Perkins

Length
    28/BSL/APL:P
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rivanariko View Post
    Off topic... but do you ever use vinegar for doing dishes? The spots on my silverware are driving me CRAZY. I'm not normally an obsessively clean person, but I like my dishes to look clean when I finish washing them! The glasses are all foggy and spotty, as is anything metal and shiny. It's driving me crazy. I'm now wondering what vinegar could do for them...
    We have hard water here... If we leave water in a glass overnight, there's a sandy residue that I can't scrub off with hot water, soap, or any kind of scrubbing. So I pour white vinegar in the cup up past the sandy point, let it sit 5 min, and I come back and it's perfectly smooth Haven't gotten the motivation to do that with my hair, but I'd expect the same results.

Length
    27BSL/40/knee
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy~Rose View Post
    We have hard water here... If we leave water in a glass overnight, there's a sandy residue that I can't scrub off with hot water, soap, or any kind of scrubbing. So I pour white vinegar in the cup up past the sandy point, let it sit 5 min, and I come back and it's perfectly smooth Haven't gotten the motivation to do that with my hair, but I'd expect the same results.
    Awesome! Vinegar is amazing.

ACV rinses seem to be helping so far. My hair still isn't nearly as happy as it was back in Portland, but I think I'll be able to figure something out.

Lady Elphame of the New Snow Steed in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16/16/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

you could get a shower head filter