Thread: Fringe trouble

Length
    26.5/26.5/33
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Talking Fringe trouble

Ok, I'm growing all my hair long by keeping it in a bun every day, but my fringe is too short to tie back and to make it look like a normal fringe I have to use a big heated protools curler and hairspray to keep it in place and I don't want to damage my fringe anymore plus I also don't want to clip it back because that too damages and frayed my fringe. What can I do?

Length
    Pixie/APL/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Fringe trouble

Sorry that I don't have an answer, but this could very well be written by me! Lately I have had the same trouble, I have been pinning it back with bobby pins, but some parts are too short and stick out and I noticed frayed ends too! I don't like to use hairspray as I am trying to be good to my hair, hence why I bun the rest of my lengths too! I am hoping someone replies to your post with a genius idea on what fringed folk like us can do!

Length
    Chin/Flip/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Would a thick headband work? They can be sporty but you can get some nice silk ones too for a dressier look....

I guess you wouldn't want to wear them all the time but at least for a while until it grows out it could be good.

The other option could be to keep damaging them until they grow quite long. Grow them until they are long enough that can chop the damage off but leave yourself with longer manageable bangs?

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Do whatever you need to do to make your hair tolerable. As your fringe is short, the hair is relatively new and healthy. If you're growing it out equal to the length of the rest of your hair, then grow it long enough so that you no longer have to heat style and hair spray it. Then just let it grow, and do some dusting when you feel it needs it.

In the mean time, you could look into get some silky ties or scarves to use as headbands. It keeps your bangs out of your face, but it's gentler than hair pins. I also feel you should look into some banana clips. I think they're pretty safe so long as you are gentle removing them.

Goals: APL : BSL : Midback :Waist : Virgin

I pinned my bangs (fringe) back for two months and hairsprayed them after a terrible drunken haircut I gave them. They were WAY too short and sad looking, so I pinned them back. So far the hair doesn't seem to be damaged at all, and its grown out. My hair is pretty resilient though, so I'm not sure what it would do to yours. Pinning them back with gentle clips/bobby pins etc would probably not do as much damage as you think.

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I use to use bobby pins to pin my fringe back. I find bobby pins less damaging compared to all the other ones.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Headbands will probably be your friend for a while. However, if that's not an option (my uniform requires the wear of either buns or french braids and forbids headbands), bobby pins tend to do the trick pretty nicely. Just be careful about pulling them out and you should be fine.