Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another friend hair story!

Length
    25/31/Clsc
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Another friend hair story!

Okay, so here's the lowdown. I went to high school with this girl, and we both used to be goth and dress in black, so we became friends. I used to chemically dye my hair black, and I had it like that for about 3 years, so she was used to it. I used to get it razor cut as well (I know, bad me! XD) So I never had it longer than...APL maybe? Maybe a tiny bit longer than that.

I am a TOTAL hippie now. My hair is long, I don't really wear makeup (or very little), I listen to hippie music (Janis Joplin, The Doors, Spirit, Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead, etc.), and I dress in bohemian style most of the time. She now highlights her hair, wears pink, and is pretty much the farthest from goth that you can get (Which is okay with me! I'm not trying to knock her style or say that mine's better, just trying to give you guys perspective.)

So she came over to do something with me for the fourth, since I hadn't seen her in a while. I was very happy to see her, since she's been having a rough time lately, and I thought it would cheer her up. So I got dressed in my usual garb, and when I answered the door for her, she said, "Wow!"

Me: Haha, what?
    Her: Nothing, I'm just not used to seeing you like this!
    Me: What do you mean?
    Her: Well, with no makeup and with your hair like, long and...boring. There's nothing in it! There's so much I could do with you!
    Me: Hahaha, what do you mean by that?
    Her: Well, we could go shopping for new clothes for you and stuff. You're still GOOD at makeup, right?
    Me: Uhm...yes?
    Her: I just want to give you a makeover so bad! I think you'd look cute with a bob haircut and some highlights...oh, not that you look bad or anything...
    Me: Well, to me honest, I'm planning on growing my hair to my knees.
    Her: WHAT?

I was so surprised! She didn't used to be like that. It kind of blindsided me! We had a great time other than that, but I was just so...I don't know, shocked! XD I think I look pretty good. I don't think I need that much makeup anymore, personally. Like I said, I'm not trying to knock her style. She looks cute, I wouldn't ask her to change her style just because I didn't like it. And I don't dislike it!

I don't know dudes! What do you think? XD
    From mohawk to long hair - making progress!

Length
    25/31/Clsc
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Another friend hair story!

Maybe I should have titled this: Another friend DISLIKING my hair...story? Haha, I don't know. XD

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I just find this so amusing, the way young people (including me) change so much, from one subculture to the other. From goth to pink fashionista! That is quite hilarious

Being a hippie has a lot of advantages, you save both money and the environment ^^ Good for you *thumbs up*
    I can imagine she would like you to be like her, and that is why she would love to give you a makeover. Glad to hear you did not get offended

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    25/31/Clsc
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
    I just find this so amusing, the way young people (including me) change so much, from one subculture to the other. From goth to pink fashionista! That is quite hilarious

Being a hippie has a lot of advantages, you save both money and the environment ^^ Good for you *thumbs up*
    I can imagine she would like you to be like her, and that is why she would love to give you a makeover. Glad to hear you did not get offended
    Haha yes! It is quite interesting how people can change, isn't it?

Yeah, I'm a vegetarian who practically lives in thrift stores and the recycling center. XD

I didn't get offended because I knew she wasn't trying to offend me, plus, what's the point? We had a great night! Thanks for your post. ^^

Length
    25/31/Clsc
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Meep? So this board doesn't go down too quickly. XD

Length
    10/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

HAHAHA WOW!

Can honestly say that sort of thing has never really happened to me - Now that my hair is longer (only APL but for someone who used to have a 3inch haircut most of the time it's a big deal), everyone who hasn't seen me in a while comments on how much they love it. We'll see how the general consensus is when it's waist length I guess.

I agree with Fethenwen, good for you that you're saving money and indeed the environment from not wearing makeup or spending tons of money on your hair. I am the same - went from wearing makeup everyday to not even wearing it to work.

I would only encourage someone else to alter their 'style' if say they looked far more beautiful without the caked on makeup and chemically straightened hair, fake nails, fake tan etc, because, in the long run, they won't look so crash hot as a result. (not to mention the money they could save too!)

Length
    25/31/Clsc
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Linainverse View Post
    HAHAHA WOW!

Can honestly say that sort of thing has never really happened to me - Now that my hair is longer (only APL but for someone who used to have a 3inch haircut most of the time it's a big deal), everyone who hasn't seen me in a while comments on how much they love it. We'll see how the general consensus is when it's waist length I guess.

I agree with Fethenwen, good for you that you're saving money and indeed the environment from not wearing makeup or spending tons of money on your hair. I am the same - went from wearing makeup everyday to not even wearing it to work.

I would only encourage someone else to alter their 'style' if say they looked far more beautiful without the caked on makeup and chemically straightened hair, fake nails, fake tan etc, because, in the long run, they won't look so crash hot as a result. (not to mention the money they could save too!)
    I totally agree with everything you said! Haha, seriously! Let's be friends. O.O Okay, that sounded slightly creepy...XD

Forgive me, I have been up all night.

Length
    10/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

Haha sure! I don't have any LHC friends as of yet. Hope that didn't sound creepy too?

But seriously, I look back on the person I used to be, the amount of money I used to spend. AH! Constantly ruining my hair with bleach and straighteners.. Never again!

Length
    25/31/Clsc
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Linainverse View Post
    Haha sure! I don't have any LHC friends as of yet. Hope that didn't sound creepy too?

But seriously, I look back on the person I used to be, the amount of money I used to spend. AH! Constantly ruining my hair with bleach and straighteners.. Never again!
    I concur.

Length
    25/31/Clsc
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Meep! Bumping this board. XD