Page 248 of 1617 FirstFirst ... 1481982382462472482492502582983487481248 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 16166

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Taliara, *big hugs*. Shedding can be really depressing, I speak from experience. Fortunately for me Neelibhringadi oil really put a stop to that. I hope you find something to help you out.

- Combat shedding
    Assuming that you've been to the doctor and all your vitamins and minerals are at healthy levels, you are not anemic, you don't have any thyroid problems, you're not going through something that puts your hormones out of balance (birth control pills, getting off birth control pills, post pregnancy shedding, etc), you have a few options: Castor oil, Black Tea, Neelibhringadi Ayurvedic Hair Oil. There are others but I can't think of them right now.

- Make the front of my hair look less flat
    You could try some heatless curls or waves, more info on that here (it's my own site): Heat-free styling.

- Should I risk dying my hair?
    Only if you want to lose more hair due to breakage. I really don't see how dying your hair will help at all, it can only "help" to damage your hair and scalp more.

Length
    11/30/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

It sucks My hair is already very thin so every strand is precious to me. I've bought the miracle oil from the body shop after seeing a few people mention here that it's good. The leave in conditioner I'm currently using has castor oil in it too. I don't take any birth control pills. I take hair vitamins every day and use aloe vera conditioner and all natural shampoo. I don't use heat or anything just let it air dry, however, my hair seems to just keep getting split ends with it as blonde. I heard somewhere that because it is bleach blonde it is more prone to damage, is this true?

Type
    2a/F/ii

Fine hair can be more prone to splits. You could try Cassia it might make your hair stronger. I've read that henna definitely does that for fine hair, but it will permanently make your hair red. Cassia is suppose to have the same benefits as henna but without the color change, although some people report getting a more golden hue in their hair.

Length
    11/30/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I will have to find out where I can get some cassia hopefully it doesn't make my hair brassy looking

Length
    bsl/chin/tlb
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Alright trying again to give up henna. I dyed it back in early december and my roots are about an inch and a half long now and I really just want to have natural hair again. My natural color is actually pretty, it's like a golden strawberry kind of red which is a lot lighter than the dark red I get with henna. Every time I want to henna I just have to remind myself how much I want my natural color back, it matches my skin and my eyebrows a lot better than the dark does. Just have to keep reminding myself

Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Taliara View Post
    I will have to find out where I can get some cassia hopefully it doesn't make my hair brassy looking
    Henna Sooq and Mehandi are good places to buy it. Good luck!

ETA: In addition to the Cassia you might want to check out these two articles: Damaged Hair: Understanding, Preventing & Rehabilitating (plus all the articles linked in it, especially this next one) and Keeping Split Ends At Bay: Secrets of Gently Handling Your Hair
    Last edited by Roscata; February 12th, 2012 at 06:07 PM.

Length
    11/30/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Thank you very much Roscata!

Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Taliara View Post
    Thank you very much Roscata!
    You're very welcome!

Type
    1b/M/ii

Here is some new photos.

This one is taken in dusk which makes my hair look golden:

This one is taken in bright natural light which shows my colour in its most natural shade:

Now I will leave my camera alone and wait a bit longer before taking new photos. I want to see more growthh next time.

Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Feles - Your natural color is lovely!
    Growing my natural hair color since 1st of July 2016.

SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL