Page 257 of 1617 FirstFirst ... 1572072472552562572582592673073577571257 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 16164

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Length
    11/30/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Apriori View Post
    My progress (picture taken today):

I'm actually really starting to like my natural haircolor, it's just a shame it takes so long to grow it out.
    Totally think I just found my hair twin! The natural colour looks great.

Length
    10''/APL/Term.
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

I am planning on cutting off a lot of the damage very soon.

I just need to get the courage to do it. It's quite a bit of hair, but I think I'll take a few inches ata time.

Hayley
    If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.
    -Hei

Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Taliara View Post
    Hey guys! Just a quick update on the hair growth. Almost hitting 6 months without the dye now. It feels as if my hair is growing very slowly though You can see in the pictures I have one side of my hair that grows faster, and one small section that grows faster than that! My hair is also looking (and feeling) so much healthier than before. I just hope I can stick with this as my roots always look greasy and dull (even after a fresh wash :< )

Images are WAY too big for forums so posting links below:

http://i.imgur.com/iKAcj.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/VTNxn.jpg
    Your hair looks quite dark. It'd be easy for You to dye those bleached parts to match Your roots. But then of course You wouldn't see the growth as easily.

Length
    11/30/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Feles View Post
    Your hair looks quite dark. It'd be easy for You to dye those bleached parts to match Your roots. But then of course You wouldn't see the growth as easily.
    I was hoping to still be a natural blonde Alas it looks more like I'm a brown. What do you recommend for getting my hair all one colour? I'm not too fussed about not seeing progress, however, I don't want to dye my virgin hair.

Length
    0.3/3/18
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I was hoping to still be a natural blonde Alas it looks more like I'm a brown. What do you recommend for getting my hair all one colour? I'm not too fussed about not seeing progress, however, I don't want to dye my virgin hair.
    You could still be lighter than it seems on those photos, because of the contrast with the bleached areas You could try tying your hair back, and putting on a headband so that only your natural colour is visible, then take a photo?

Length
    29/17/30
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hey guys! Just a quick update on the hair growth. Almost hitting 6 months without the dye now. It feels as if my hair is growing very slowly though You can see in the pictures I have one side of my hair that grows faster, and one small section that grows faster than that! My hair is also looking (and feeling) so much healthier than before. I just hope I can stick with this as my roots always look greasy and dull (even after a fresh wash :< )

Images are WAY too big for forums so posting links below:

http://i.imgur.com/iKAcj.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/VTNxn.jpg
    I have that one bit that seems to grow faster too, but I always thought it was to do with it being the hair from my crown as it matches up with that.

Length
    11/30/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    You could still be lighter than it seems on those photos, because of the contrast with the bleached areas You could try tying your hair back, and putting on a headband so that only your natural colour is visible, then take a photo?
    I'll go ahead and do that a bit later on

Length
    CL/APL/WL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Taliara, I used to highlight my hair blonde and whenever my roots would grow in they looked really dark. I had previously thought I was a dark blonde too. Then I started coloring it darker than my natural and am now growing that out. My natural looks really light to me now! So I think it's just the contrast of the light blonde with your natural that makes it look dark. Once it's all natural and probably somewhat lightened by the sun it will look lighter!
    🧡 CL ~ CBL ~ SH ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL 🧡

Length
    22/32/blah
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Taliara, your hair looks to be all growing 1/2 inch per month but I may be wrong. My baby hairs grow somewhat more slowly than my other hairs and are also much lighter, curlier and finer. I agree with some other posters, your color probably looks darker than it would if your hair were all virgin. I know my hair looked much lighter before I dyed it and the roots came in. And I like your hair - both colors.

I am going to trim an inch off after the new moon because that's where the majority of my splits are. I haven't yet trimmed off enough that my splits vanish. I think I need to take off all the fairytale ends before I can stop worrying about splits.

Length
    11/30/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Harriet, I've always had it, it drives me crazy!

terylenerose, Ahh That isn't as much as I'm hoping for. I want to be pushing to almost an inch a month. All the stuff I'm doing doesn't appear to be making much of a difference

kellinaturalmom, I'm really tempted to go to a hair dressers and get them to tone down my blonde to a darker more ashier colour, I'm just struggling to part with my bright blonde and scared that the tiny bit of progress I've made in six months will be lost Also I've just moved from the UK to live in Ireland so the chances of me seeing much sun is far and few between!

Glacier, Here are some pictures of my roots with 99&#37; of the blonde not showing so you can see the true colour, any ideas on what this colour is and any advice on the above would be great!

http://i.imgur.com/QZeKU.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/tL01s.jpg

And finally, the reason why my blonde hair is in such a terrible state (and not just from years of dying) is because I dyed it Black for several months around Christmas 2010 and then back blonde again!
    http://imgur.com/tsPpF
    Last edited by Taliara; March 10th, 2012 at 09:36 AM.