Page 247 of 1616 FirstFirst ... 1471972372452462472482492572973477471247 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 16153

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

[QUOTE=blondie9912;1986858]
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
    Yes!!! Does anyone have results of this? I'm growing out bleached hair, and I have dark blonde hair. Would honey lightening be strong enough to blend this a bit, or at least make it look like that natural "I spend a lot of time in the sun, so my ends are lighter" look?

I've done a few honey lightening treatments, and I'd say they've done a very good job helping me blend my hair colours together. It gives my naturally light brown roots more of a dark blonde look. I think it does this mostly by accentuating the natural highlights and tone variations present in light brown/dark blonde hair.
    Oh thank you! Every time I search the honey lightening threads all I see is a lot of people lightening henna or dark brown hair, so I'm never sure how it would work with my roots.
    I think once my roots are HORRIBLE, I'm going to do honey lightening.
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by highlightedmess View Post
    I think someone mentioned somewhere in this thread that cassia is good for helping blend brown and blonde tones together?

Has anyone tried this? I have about 2-3 inches of light brown roots, then another few inches of hair that is highlighted fairly evenly with brown and blonde. The remainder down to shoulder length is pretty much solid blonde from very "generous" highlights.

I did a honey lightening treatment and that seemed to help blend everything together a bit better. I'm wondering if I should try something to bring out the brown tones in the highlighted portion.
    I did this and was the one that mentioned it. It darkens my highlights to a light goldeny brown instead of standing out from the rest of my hair. The change was noticable enough for multiple people to comment. And, it lasts for about 1 month as long as I only wash 1-2 times a week with diluted shampoo.

I'm not sure how well it would work for your hair because I think it might depend on how dark your hair is already. If the highlights are platinum they will likely just turn golden.

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

This will give you all an idea of my results.

Here is my hair color without cassia. It is lighter in the front and this is the area most greatly changed:

Here is my hair after cassia. The red tone comes from the lighting and camera but you can tell my hair is darkened on top (I think it also looks a little darker overall due to flash):

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Length
    22/32/blah
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Hi again. I haven't been here for a while because I wanted to get pictures out of my camera before posting. So here are some of my pictures.
    Here's my hair before I used vinegar on it. This is one of the few pictures I have that sort of show the henna line. It's easier to see in real life.

And here's one after I vinegared it 3 times. Sorry the lighting's different. I'll try to cough up a picture that's in the same lighting.

You can see, though, that the henna is toned down a bit. The redness is now very hard to catch on camera.

A week or so ago, I actually cried because the henna wouldn't come out of my hair and it just seemed so stupid and depressing. I still hate that I used henna to tone down red dye and just ended up with more red hair. But in general I'm feeling pretty good about my hair, especially since I trimmed 1/2 inch off the bottom. My ends are much better and I think it's easier to comb through. Still loads of split ends though. I really get bored with S&Ding because it takes so long. I also get incredibly bored with my obsession with hair, but that should probably have a thread of its own.

88Marisa, I'm glad to hear things are going better. highlightedmess, sorry I don't have advice on cassia. I've never used it.

Type
    2a/F/i

Thank you for the pictures xoxophelia!

I ordered the Ayurvedic strength kit from Henna Sooq just now. It comes with 100g of cassia and 100g of amla. I am hoping to give it a try next weekend.

Length
    bsl/MBL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by highlightedmess View Post

I ordered the Ayurvedic strength kit from Henna Sooq just now. It comes with 100g of cassia and 100g of amla. I am hoping to give it a try next weekend.
    It would be interesting to see how it turns out for you!
    Itīs worth to try and if you happen to not like the results, itīs temporary.

Cassia has pale yellow/golden dye. I have been using it mainly for strength and shine(I add amla, too). I donīt wait for the dye release and apply it for an hour only, but somehow I still end up with golden roots. My natural colour is ashy and cassia helps to "warm it up" a bit.
    Iīm sorry I donīt have a "before" picture, but after cassia it looks like this:

You can also see my current root length here.

Type
    2a/F/i

I uploaded a new photo for my profile picture. It shows my "growing out" progress a little bit better than the last picture.

I will upload another photo after I do the cassia treatment.

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Can't remember if I already mentioned this but once my virgin hair reached ponytail length, I gained a 1/2" in circumference (went from 2 1/4" to 2 3/4"), still a ii but I don't care! I also had a huge shed around the same time I applied my last bit of sun-in so I have a lot of new growth that happens to be the same length as my roots, about 7-8" at this time, so I am sure that helped and it is not just all from having used sun-in.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    11/30/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I'm having some serious shedding problems right now My hair just looks dull and some of the blonder bits are starting to look damaged. I really really don't want to cut any of my hair away as I had about 3-4 inches cut off it in October already. The front of my hair is all snapped away and I cannot wear my hair up without it looking really odd. Bangs seem to look flat and lay dead against my face which does not look attractive.
    I am really really tempted to dye my hair a darker colour, possibly a reddy/purple/plume but i'd feel as if the last 4/5 months of no dying would just be a waste.

Any ideas on how to:

- Combat shedding
    - Make the front of my hair look less flat
    - Should I risk dying my hair?

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Taliara View Post
    I'm having some serious shedding problems right now My hair just looks dull and some of the blonder bits are starting to look damaged. I really really don't want to cut any of my hair away as I had about 3-4 inches cut off it in October already. The front of my hair is all snapped away and I cannot wear my hair up without it looking really odd. Bangs seem to look flat and lay dead against my face which does not look attractive.
    I am really really tempted to dye my hair a darker colour, possibly a reddy/purple/plume but i'd feel as if the last 4/5 months of no dying would just be a waste.

Any ideas on how to:

- Combat shedding
    - Make the front of my hair look less flat
    - Should I risk dying my hair?

I think dyeing your hair now could make the shedding worse.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!