Page 230 of 572 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 5715

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelan View Post
    I was looking at my hair last night and bummed about my greyish looking roots showing from beneath my somewhat greasy hair and I guess that was why I had this hair dream last night:
    In the dream I was happily growing out my color but suddenly decided to dye it to this strange bleached copper color (which I would never do). I had gotten only one box of dye (which would never be enough for my length) and splashed it in my hair just here and there.
    When I got the color off my hair I noticed my hair was suddenly more than floor lenght and I was just thinking that "wow, I didn't know my hair is this much longer when wet" :P When my hair was dry again it was normal length, but it was all patchy and spotty because I had too little dye for it.
    Dye nightmares, heh.
    Hahaha, love the hair dream Ocelan. My favorite part was that it was (much) longer when wet, I think only an LHCér would think/dream/know about stuff like that.

And now spring is almost here. Hopefully many of us will have a spring growth spurt, leaving us with much new, healthy, beautiful, virgin LHC grown hair. (She said, while eating a banana )

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Took this one in the morning.
    I'm glad how far I've reached.

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Ok people, I need your help! I am feeling that my natural haircolour is drab and boring lately. Normally I love it, but my hair is just not "right" lately. Trying out some new routines, I look pale, and I cut my own bangs, that does not always behave. I am gonna get some more face framing layers, to soften the look of updoes and blend my bangs better with my hair. I might visit a hairdresser for this, and with spring coming and the need to feel "summer fresh", I am afraid I will fall for the temptation to get some subtle highlights put in. Highlighting looks good with my virgin colour, but it is pretty damaging for my hair (had this for many years in my teens) and I have spent about 3 years growing out dye damage, and I am almost all virgin. So yeah, how not to highlight?

Length
    APL?/BCL/100cm
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Einna, you said it yourself, summer is coming soon and it often highlights the hair naturally. Another natural option is of course also is to try to do some natural honey highlights or herbal rinses if you just can't keep away from changing your hair somehow.
    I personally think your natural color is awesome and if I were you I'd not do anything for atleast a few weeks and see if I still wanted to do it after that. I also would pamper myself by getting a new piece of clothing that compliments my hair color or a hair toy.

I added some pictures of my natural hair color from a few years back as my goal. I didn't take such great care of my hair back then, but it was also longer and blunt cut then so it kinda is my goal in other ways too. The pictures can be found in my album.

Length
    0.3/3/18
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by einna View Post
    Ok people, I need your help! I am feeling that my natural haircolour is drab and boring lately. Normally I love it, but my hair is just not "right" lately. Trying out some new routines, I look pale, and I cut my own bangs, that does not always behave. I am gonna get some more face framing layers, to soften the look of updoes and blend my bangs better with my hair. I might visit a hairdresser for this, and with spring coming and the need to feel "summer fresh", I am afraid I will fall for the temptation to get some subtle highlights put in. Highlighting looks good with my virgin colour, but it is pretty damaging for my hair (had this for many years in my teens) and I have spent about 3 years growing out dye damage, and I am almost all virgin. So yeah, how not to highlight?
    I'm not very good at suggestions, but I think you should take into consideration how annoyed you'd probably be if you didn't like the highlights, and had to start growing them out again (I think a lot of us that are going natural have nightmares about dying their hair!). Maybe you need something else to add some freshness to your hair, colourful hair toys?

Length
    11/26/30
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Hey guys! Just a quick update on the hair growth. Almost hitting 6 months without the dye now. It feels as if my hair is growing very slowly though You can see in the pictures I have one side of my hair that grows faster, and one small section that grows faster than that! My hair is also looking (and feeling) so much healthier than before. I just hope I can stick with this as my roots always look greasy and dull (even after a fresh wash :< )

Images are WAY too big for forums so posting links below:

http://i.imgur.com/iKAcj.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/VTNxn.jpg

Length
    11/26/30
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Apriori View Post
    My progress (picture taken today):

I'm actually really starting to like my natural haircolor, it's just a shame it takes so long to grow it out.
    Totally think I just found my hair twin! The natural colour looks great.

Length
    10''/APL/Term.
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

I am planning on cutting off a lot of the damage very soon.

I just need to get the courage to do it. It's quite a bit of hair, but I think I'll take a few inches ata time.

Hayley
    If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident.
    -Hei

Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Taliara View Post
    Hey guys! Just a quick update on the hair growth. Almost hitting 6 months without the dye now. It feels as if my hair is growing very slowly though You can see in the pictures I have one side of my hair that grows faster, and one small section that grows faster than that! My hair is also looking (and feeling) so much healthier than before. I just hope I can stick with this as my roots always look greasy and dull (even after a fresh wash :< )

Images are WAY too big for forums so posting links below:

http://i.imgur.com/iKAcj.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/VTNxn.jpg
    Your hair looks quite dark. It'd be easy for You to dye those bleached parts to match Your roots. But then of course You wouldn't see the growth as easily.

Length
    11/26/30
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feles View Post
    Your hair looks quite dark. It'd be easy for You to dye those bleached parts to match Your roots. But then of course You wouldn't see the growth as easily.
    I was hoping to still be a natural blonde Alas it looks more like I'm a brown. What do you recommend for getting my hair all one colour? I'm not too fussed about not seeing progress, however, I don't want to dye my virgin hair.