Page 221 of 590 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 5898

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Type
    2a/F/i

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Thank you for the pictures xoxophelia!

I ordered the Ayurvedic strength kit from Henna Sooq just now. It comes with 100g of cassia and 100g of amla. I am hoping to give it a try next weekend.

Length
    bsl/MBL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by highlightedmess View Post

I ordered the Ayurvedic strength kit from Henna Sooq just now. It comes with 100g of cassia and 100g of amla. I am hoping to give it a try next weekend.
    It would be interesting to see how it turns out for you!
    Itīs worth to try and if you happen to not like the results, itīs temporary.

Cassia has pale yellow/golden dye. I have been using it mainly for strength and shine(I add amla, too). I donīt wait for the dye release and apply it for an hour only, but somehow I still end up with golden roots. My natural colour is ashy and cassia helps to "warm it up" a bit.
    Iīm sorry I donīt have a "before" picture, but after cassia it looks like this:

You can also see my current root length here.

Type
    2a/F/i

I uploaded a new photo for my profile picture. It shows my "growing out" progress a little bit better than the last picture.

I will upload another photo after I do the cassia treatment.

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    FTL/33/knee
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Can't remember if I already mentioned this but once my virgin hair reached ponytail length, I gained a 1/2" in circumference (went from 2 1/4" to 2 3/4"), still a ii but I don't care! I also had a huge shed around the same time I applied my last bit of sun-in so I have a lot of new growth that happens to be the same length as my roots, about 7-8" at this time, so I am sure that helped and it is not just all from having used sun-in.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist and virgin hair March 2014

Length
    11/26/30
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I'm having some serious shedding problems right now My hair just looks dull and some of the blonder bits are starting to look damaged. I really really don't want to cut any of my hair away as I had about 3-4 inches cut off it in October already. The front of my hair is all snapped away and I cannot wear my hair up without it looking really odd. Bangs seem to look flat and lay dead against my face which does not look attractive.
    I am really really tempted to dye my hair a darker colour, possibly a reddy/purple/plume but i'd feel as if the last 4/5 months of no dying would just be a waste.

Any ideas on how to:

- Combat shedding
    - Make the front of my hair look less flat
    - Should I risk dying my hair?

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Taliara View Post
    I'm having some serious shedding problems right now My hair just looks dull and some of the blonder bits are starting to look damaged. I really really don't want to cut any of my hair away as I had about 3-4 inches cut off it in October already. The front of my hair is all snapped away and I cannot wear my hair up without it looking really odd. Bangs seem to look flat and lay dead against my face which does not look attractive.
    I am really really tempted to dye my hair a darker colour, possibly a reddy/purple/plume but i'd feel as if the last 4/5 months of no dying would just be a waste.

Any ideas on how to:

- Combat shedding

I think dyeing your hair now could make the shedding worse.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Type
    2a/M/ii

Taliara, *big hugs*. Shedding can be really depressing, I speak from experience. Fortunately for me Neelibhringadi oil really put a stop to that. I hope you find something to help you out.

- Combat shedding
    Assuming that you've been to the doctor and all your vitamins and minerals are at healthy levels, you are not anemic, you don't have any thyroid problems, you're not going through something that puts your hormones out of balance (birth control pills, getting off birth control pills, post pregnancy shedding, etc), you have a few options: Castor oil, Black Tea, Neelibhringadi Ayurvedic Hair Oil. There are others but I can't think of them right now.

You could try some heatless curls or waves, more info on that here (it's my own site): Heat-free styling.

Only if you want to lose more hair due to breakage. I really don't see how dying your hair will help at all, it can only "help" to damage your hair and scalp more.
    MyHairBlog Routine Growth journey pics

Cut into a bob in Nov 2013, henna free Nov 2014

Length
    11/26/30
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

It sucks My hair is already very thin so every strand is precious to me. I've bought the miracle oil from the body shop after seeing a few people mention here that it's good. The leave in conditioner I'm currently using has castor oil in it too. I don't take any birth control pills. I take hair vitamins every day and use aloe vera conditioner and all natural shampoo. I don't use heat or anything just let it air dry, however, my hair seems to just keep getting split ends with it as blonde. I heard somewhere that because it is bleach blonde it is more prone to damage, is this true?

Type
    2a/M/ii

Fine hair can be more prone to splits. You could try Cassia it might make your hair stronger. I've read that henna definitely does that for fine hair, but it will permanently make your hair red. Cassia is suppose to have the same benefits as henna but without the color change, although some people report getting a more golden hue in their hair.
    MyHairBlog Routine Growth journey pics

Cut into a bob in Nov 2013, henna free Nov 2014

Length
    11/26/30
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I will have to find out where I can get some cassia hopefully it doesn't make my hair brassy looking