Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hair falling after henna

Unhappy hair falling after henna

Hi All.

I have been using henna on my hair for over 2 months now i guess. But recently i have noticed that after every henna application my hair starts to fall out alot!! I have stopped. last time i hennaed was about a week ago and even then i was careful and only left the henna for an hour! usually i keep it for about 5 hours.
    what shall i do now! tbh the falling started excessively after using a sample of a natural hair shampoo bar and also a herbal hair product that i bought locally. although it is widely used but it's said that if your hair is not used to it . hair fall might occur. i am confused. i want to use henna. i lovee henna and believe it or not i love the smell of it as a powder! i also love the effect it had on my hair growth! so what shall i do!! please advice! i am sure it might be either an excessive use of henna that might have caused the problem coz recently i have used it every week!

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: hair falling after henna

Have you stopped using the natural hair shampoo bar and also a herbal hair product? Because you say that the hair fall started after using these products. Perhaps its not the henna at all. Did the hair fall happen with the henna before you used these products? And does the hair fall happen when you're rinsing the henna out- because I would expect to get more fall when doing this because it takes a bit of work to rinse it out.
    Last edited by Kathie; July 1st, 2010 at 07:03 PM.

I lose a lot of hair during the hennaing process including rincing, but it goes right back to normal shortly after.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Someone suggested doing a gloss (mixing with conditioner) on another board, and I have found that this is much easier & lighter on my fine hair and I don't lose as much this way.

Length
    13/13.5/38
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I lose more hair than normal too when I henna, but I think its due to the fact that its being handled a lot and pulled, because its so difficult to apply evenly

I dont think its the henna itself, but more how you handle your hair in the process, i dont think theres a way to avoid that, having a head full of henna is heavy on the head and is gonna pull the scalp more

anyways if theres a way to avoid losing hair when henna id like to know about it

Type
    3a/M/ii

Try this: First detangle your hair in the shower, combing out all the shed hairs. Then put your hair up in an updo you can sleep in. Then henna just your roots (any extra you can smear on the updo). If you still get a lot of hair shedding when you rinse, you can chalk it up to henna. Otherwise, it's just normally shed hairs.

Also, what do you mix it with?
    Pyerre Mehendi Mage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    My name is Indigo Montoya. You terped my henna. Prepare to dye!
    Pic by Renarok

Length
    fried/WL35/48-tm
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

If it's more than a normal shed for a couple days (tangled into your hair), that says allergic reaction to me. . . .
    Any time is a good time for coffee time!
    ++++++.++++++.++++++

Length
    chin/Bsl/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Hi, I would discontinue use of the shampoo bar and the other herbal. Henna doesn't cause hair loss. The hair we normally loss becomes more apparent after we wash out henna, as it collects and is more visible to see in the drain. I've been using henna over 30 years and sometimes, I've noticed more in the drains than at others. But this all depends on my hair growth cycle. Don't worry.

Bad Hair Day Faerie breezefaerie's Avatar
    Type
    1c/F/i

I also lose more hair during the henna process. I'm not terribly concerned with this as my shed rate slows for a few days after I henna - I think it all evens out for me.

Account Closed by Member Request

I used to lose quite a bit of hair during henna..it happens when you pile your hair on top of your head..the weight of the henna can break your hair or pull it out. What I do now is keep my hair down and put it all in a thin shower cap then I wrap it all with kitchen wrap. When it comes time to rinsing, I take the cap off slowly and carefully..sometimes, I'll do it in the shower..this helps. During the rinsing process (another time when one can lose hair), I let the water run on my hair length without touching it for quite a while (15 minutes.) When my hair is wet enough, I gently massage my scalp and work my way down....gently. I don't use conditioner to wash my henna out- just lots of water followed by an ACV.