Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going red? Yay or nay?

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Going red? Yay or nay?

That color will look beautiful with a cassia/henna mix, as well! Just beautiful!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    shldr/BSL/waist
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    Hi all,

I guess I got inspired by all your beautiful hair pictures floating around these boards. I also got infected with the "I want red hair" virus

So now I ask you experts what you think of it.
    - This is my current haircolor:
    It's a warm, caramel brown!

<snip>
    Wow, it seems you already got golden and reddish-auburn highlights in your caramel brown hair - very nice!

So I'd vote nay. That said, I can see how fun it would be to do red.

Length
    24/24.25/38
    Type
    1b/F/iii

When I was deciding whether to dye my hair and what color, I spent weeks photoshopping it so I could see how it looked on me and having people vote on my LiveJournal. I highly recommend this approach, it did not steer me wrong. XD
    buzz/ear/chin/shoulder/APL/BSL/waist/tailbone

you could also try on a wig. I tried on a long haired wig many years ago to see if I wanted to invest the time to grow my hair long, and the only one they had that long was an auburn one... It's a little shocking at first to see such a drastic change, but the red did make my eyes pop. It's just hard to get the exact red with henna though!
    Last edited by lastnite; July 1st, 2010 at 11:40 PM.

Length
    chin/hip/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I second a wig (or at least trying on lots of different shades of red wigs!)

Reds are special, I think. They can be a beautiful color, but the wrong shade can totally clash with your skin tone. Try on different wigs, or hold those colored hair samples against your face, and see what it does for your complection. Also, what color are your eyes?

Keep in mind that reds seem to be the haircolor that fades the fastest. If you do a permanent color you might be looking at frequent colorings in the future.

There are some beautiful hennaheads on the boards, but all of them seem to stress the importance of being 100&#37; commited before beginning to henna! There's no looking back!

You have a beautiful base color, by the way!

Length
    24/35/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I say yes!

Just did it myself earlier today. I'm trying out some red dye at my tips, but if it can stick around for long enough, I'm going for my whole head.

Waisting away

Length
    12/33 WL/TB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

@lastnite & countryhopper: wigs sound good, the only problem is I wouldn't know where to get them. There are some online stores that deliver them, but those wigs are really expensive. Lastnite, where did you get yours? Did your hairdresser bring it?

My eyes are dark green.

@slythwolf: Unfortunately I don't have photoshop and I'm really bad at editing pics :/

I don't really want to be drastic, as I already have a warm haircolour, but I thought it would be cool to make the step from wam caramel brown, to a more auburn colour overall.

Thanks all for the insight so far! You guys are great

I tried them on at Merle Norman store that used to be in the mall here..maybe see if there's a wig shop around, or even the clip on extensions in a red color can give you an idea.