Page 3 of 160 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightblooming Panacea?

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Default Re: Nightblooming Panacea?

I figured I can't go wrong for the price, and it was an excuse to order the pins to get a deal on shipping, lol. Shea butter by itself doesn't really agree with my hair, but I'm hoping the mix of oils and hebs with it will work well. Always worth a try!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniet View Post
    I figured I can't go wrong for the price, and it was an excuse to order the pins to get a deal on shipping, lol. Shea butter by itself doesn't really agree with my hair, but I'm hoping the mix of oils and hebs with it will work well. Always worth a try!
    I have the same problem with a lot of the oils, so that was part of the reason that I posted this. But several people said that it didn't affect their hair in the same way, so I'm eager to try it.
    Last edited by ibleedlipstick; June 28th, 2010 at 11:11 PM.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Hmmm. Now I'm curious about it.

Oils used singly don't work well in my hair. I've tried olive and coconut and won't be using them again.

Wonder how this would do.

Hmmmmmmmm.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29372&dateline=127544  1604

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Nightblooming's Vegan Panacea Salve is simply the best thing I have ever used in my hair. Ever. (And I am a product addict.) It is a great pre-wash deep treatment. I apply it to my length after washing. Then I apply some more the following day (or just after my hair is dry) for light oiling. Coconut oil is great, but is is just not as versatile. Panacea salve rarely makes my hair greasy (unless I intentionally apply it as a DT). As others have said, it smells nice, too.

Also, it feels good to support someone who loves hair as much as I do.
    January 2012

I bought a sample size of the vegan, and a full size of the non-vegan. I will try both, and let you know which I personally prefer. I bought the full size of the non-vegan with the assumption that it would be less oily than the vegan. I will probably use the non-vegan for day-to-day anti frizz, and the vegan for the day before I wash my hair, as a sort of DT.

I am super excited for this- to the point of dancing cheese.
    There is no passion to be found in playing small, in settling for a life that is less than what you are capable of living- Nelson Mandela. My blog: http://www.ibleedlipstick.com

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I bought a sample of it today, I get the feeling it will be the first of many purchases from there!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jane53 View Post
    Hmmm. Now I'm curious about it.

Oils used singly don't work well in my hair. I've tried olive and coconut and won't be using them again.

Wonder how this would do.

Hmmmmmmmm.
    Olive oil was a disaster for me. Coconut oil is OK but very touchy, so I usually just use it for heavier oiling before a wash. My hair does pretty well with lighter oils like camellia and argan, so I use a mix of jojoba, camellia, and argan. I just have to be careful not to overdo it. I'm very interested to see how the panacea works for me.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    For me, it's the divine scent that makes it different than something I could make myself.
    I agree. I just love to smell it. Its so wonderful. I cant imagine getting together all of the ingredients. She has alot of stuff in there! I am absolutely hooked on the stuff. Its the best.
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

Somewhere between the 12th century and now
    Length
    Bald/38/FTP
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

I'm looking forward to hearing from all these folks ordering it for the first time on what they think of the smell!!
    Lady Frolics in the Sunlight-Dappled Faerie Linn & Del in the OLHK

Length
    13/37.5/termi
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

for me as well as lots of others here, the scent is intoxicating! but my hair loves it, it leaves it soft and not heavy or oily, i use it as my styling stuff after a shower, put it in damp hair and i use it between washings to freshen up and soften the ends and it never gets heavy, AND if i rub a little on my neck or hands, it helps me sleep , it smells so good, i am not exaggerating! it does also help my skin as well!! its just, a panacea!!!
    Lady Primrose~Garden Keeper of the Hillside Warren in the Order of The Long Haired Knights