Thread: Enormous stress shed, huge drain block.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Angry Re: Enormous stress shed, huge drain block.

When I was writing my thesis I had a huge amount of hair loss. Clumps. I'm not going to lie, it stressed me out. But I told myself that I was under a lot of stress with my academic obligations and that I would worry about this hair loss after my degree. Naturally, things got much better after graduation and the mindset of not adding to my worries by piling on hair loss concerns really helped me get through those years.

It sounds like you are going through something stressful. It is very typical to lose hair during those times. If you can see an end to the stress maybe telling yourself the same thing might help? I have a good friend who lost so much hair due to stress that she had small bald spots. She grew her hair back fine after she focussed on de-stressing. So my advice is to focus on de-stressing (exercise, petting animals, taking deep breaths etc.) and know this is only temporary and most likely 100% caused by stress.
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Default Re: Enormous stress shed, huge drain block.

Thanks girls for the relatively fast replies - I know it's 100% stress for sure, however the shower was just built which was the factor that contributed to the concern. Perhaps is is some kind of bacteria, it had spots of blood red in it though.
    And as far as the spot on my scalp goes, could it be a bad reaction to something? There is sulfur in the water here, and maybe something else...

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Enormous stress shed, huge drain block.

If you think it's the water, perhaps try rinsing with distilled water for a bit and see if that helps? Clumps of stuff that come out of the drain always have odd colors to them, stuff that comes of the drain and strainer and pipes...
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!