Thread: Terminal length or just breakage?

Length
    18"/21"/32"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Terminal length or just breakage?

Hi all,

I'd like a little advice and/ or your opinions please:
    the longest hair I've had that I measured was 25". I had it at this length for about 8 or 9 months w/out any growth. I was also pretty hard on it, I highlighted every 8 weeks, washed and blow dried everyday and wore it up with a metal clip almost everyday. The bottom few inches of hair were very thin. It was straight at the bottom, not tapered.
    Do you think this is my terminal length or was my hair just too damaged to grow?

My hair now is only 18", but it's healthy and I really want to grow to waist length.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Terminal length or just breakage?

Quote Originally Posted by MissySue View Post
    Hi all,

I'd like a little advice and/ or your opinions please:
    the longest hair I've had that I measured was 25". I had it at this length for about 8 or 9 months w/out any growth. I was also pretty hard on it, I highlighted every 8 weeks, washed and blow dried everyday and wore it up with a metal clip almost everyday. The bottom few inches of hair were very thin. It was straight at the bottom, not tapered.
    Do you think this is my terminal length or was my hair just too damaged to grow?

My hair now is only 18", but it's healthy and I really want to grow to waist length.

Don't highlight, blowdry, and over-wash.

Your hair must have been breaking with that routine!
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29372&dateline=127544  1604

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I think your problem was breakage, and if you hang around LHC and take good advice for gentle hair care, you will be able to grow your hair longer.

Length
    18"/21"/32"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Wink Re: Terminal length or just breakage?

Jane53 - your hair is gorgeous! Can I ask your routine? Or is this not the right forum, I don't really know my way around to well yet.

Length
    pixie/waist/clssc
    Type
    1c/F/ii

When I was beating the you know what out of my hair (extreme bleaching far too often, harsh shampoo everyday, not conditioning properly, blowdrying every day, etc etc) it looked stuck at one length, never got much past BSL during all that. The only way I could tell it was in fact still growing was from the roots which were a good deal darker than the white blonde. However as fast is could grow, it was all breaking off.