Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on my hair...

Default Re: Need advice on my hair...

thanks so much. i am still getting used to the length since i had it short for years. it took 3 years to grow from my chin to here. my hair seems to grow slow.
    i will trim it and see what i think. i do oil the ends with coconut oil. I would guess that I am between bra strap and waist?
    its amazing how much there is to learn.
    Amanda

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

You seem to be doing a lot of good things to your hair
    (wearing it up most of the time, not using harsh chemical dyes, doing conditioner only washes)

You say that your ends are damaged, though -- but from my understanding, henna is supposed to actually improve the condition of your hair. Or did you previously use chemical dye?

As for the tapering, that could just be from mechanical wear (from rubbing against your clothing or from hairties/clips). Maybe you need to experiment with different updos? How do you usually wear your hair? A trim could revitalize your ends if you think they don't feel good, even if they don't have any visible signs of damage.

Welcome to the community

ETA: I would agree -- you're somewhere in the mid-back length abyss Definitely way past BSL, though -- I'd say the very tips of your longest hair definitely reach waist.
    Last edited by Yozhik; June 21st, 2010 at 01:52 PM.

yes i did use chemical dye for years. i usually wear my hair in a french or fishtail braid with the tail tucked under and secured with a scrunchie.....i am afraid that elastics are damaging but I don't know how else to hold it? my scrunchie is thin and not too poufy lol. otherwise i put it in a high ponytail with the scrunchie, tuck the ends under around it and secure them with claw clips.
    i lived in Paris for a few years, back when I was married to my ex, who preferred my hair short, and the stylists there are all very happy to chop off plenty. and i needed it due to the dye. i was so ignorant back then and not just about how to take care of my hair!
    Amanda