Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: some long-hair encouragement this weekend :)

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: some long-hair encouragement this weekend :)

thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by bte View Post
    Yay for enthusiasm. Although most of us don't grow our hair for anyone else, it's nice to know that other people like it. Happy growing.
    yeah, this exactly. I would grow it out even if they disliked it -- but it's nice to know that some people actually agree with me
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

Length
    30/50/50
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by countryhopper View Post
    I know that sometimes when I see a stranger's long hair I rarely say anything to them about it. I secretly admire it from afar. I sometimes wonder if anyone ever does that with my hair (not that my hair is anything special; it's not even that long yet).

In other words, people might just be stingy with compliments. Or just not say anything. But that doesn't mean that they don't like our hair!

I think we should all compliment as many people as we can. It always makes my day when I'm complimented on something! I'm sure it would make other people happy, too!

Countryhopper steps off soapbox now.

I'm happy your family is so supportive!

So true. I will stare at long haired women behind their back because it is so, so beautiful. Sometimes I just want to go up to a random stranger and gush about her hair, but then I feel shy and wonder if I will seem super creepy!
    Reached my goal of knee length/50 inches. Now seeing how long it will go! Long Hair Carolyn on YouTube

It is so nice that your family and BF are supportive!!!

I love happy hair stories
    Missing person advocates and crime discussion
    http://www.justicequest.net/forums

Length
    25/29,5/...
    Type
    1b/M/ii

That is really sweet! It's nice when people are supportive, especially family members.

Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

thanks everyone for your comments hopefully at the next family gathering in Christmas they'll be even more impressed -- I hope I'm past waist at that point!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

Length
    Short/27,4/TB:)
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I am really glad you don`t have to battle with family who think long hair should only reach a certain "approved" standard length!!

I always get so sad when people get rude/negative comments on their hair just because it is long!

I mean, seriously, it is just growing HAIR, not getting arrested by the police for selling drugs...

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I had a couple of long-hair encouragements this weekend.

I first came to LHC about 6 weeks ago to get over the temptation to cut off my 36 inches of hair. (I've had it long for 44 years, and sometimes I just get curious. And I'd fallen into a rut of wearing it in a long, thick ponytail every day.) I learned a couple of new updos here and the variety erased the "cut it off" temptation.

This Friday, at work, I had my hair up in a lazy French twist. A student complimented me on it--said she loved it--and I told her I'd been tempted to cut off all my hair but learned new updos instead. One of my colleagues was standing with us, and when I said I'd been thinking of cutting off my hair, she got a look of literal horror on her face!

Then, Sunday, I drove an elderly man to our Friends meeting, and I again had my hair up in a lazy French twist. I think it's the first time he's seen me with my hair up. He said, "I like how you can get all that hair twisted up like that! It looks good!" I thanked him and again said I'd been considering cutting it off. He said, "Oh no. No no no. Don't do that!"

Both responses were encouraging because I'd been getting a lot of the "at your age you should cut your hair" nonsense. (I'm nearly 57.)
    Last edited by jane53; June 28th, 2010 at 06:29 AM.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29372&dateline=127544  1604

Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane53 View Post
    I had a couple of long-hair encouragements this weekend.

I first came to LHC about 6 weeks ago to get over the temptation to cut off my 36 inches of hair. (I've had it long for 44 years, and sometimes I just get curious. And I'd fallen into a rut of wearing it in a long, thick ponytail every day.) I learned a couple of new updos here and the variety erased the "cut it off" temptation.

This Friday, at work, I had my hair up in a lazy French twist. A student complimented me on it--said she loved it--and I told her I'd been tempted to cut off all my hair but learned new updos instead. One of my colleagues was standing with us, and when I said I'd been thinking of cutting off my hair, she got a look of literal horror on her face!

Then, Sunday, I drove an elderly man to our Friends meeting, and I again had my hair up in a lazy French twist. I think it's the first time he's seen me with my hair up. He said, "I like how you can get all that hair twisted up like that! It looks good!" I thanked him and again said I'd been considering cutting it off. He said, "Oh no. No no no. Don't do that!"

Both responses were encouraging because I'd been getting a lot of the "at your age you should cut your hair" nonsense. (I'm nearly 57.)
    that's great! Spontaneous compliments are always amazing and they're right, your hair is beautiful

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by freckles View Post
    that's great! Spontaneous compliments are always amazing and they're right, your hair is beautiful
    Thanks, freckles!
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29372&dateline=127544  1604

Length
    SL/Hip/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

What a sweet compliment, aww. Your grandpa and aunt are so cute!
    Wobbly are the walls ofmy mind. ~ Hip onward to tailbone and beyond~ No trimming 2021 from 8th February 2021 ~ My hair type is Asian.