Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Am I the only person

Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: Am I the only person

I want to apologise because my earlier post does sound superior and judgemental.
    "The reward for conformity is that everybody likes you except yourself" - Rita Mae Brown

Length
    neck/BSL/waste

I think its better than having fake hair extensions all the time because your real hair isnt 'good enough' like a lot of celebs have it.
    "When alone on the hills... With the wind in your hair ...With a longing to feel... Just to be free"

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I don't like her hair at all, and I cannot figure out what the obsession is. It looks odd to me; it doesn't lay right . . . . or something.

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Not sure if I already posted this, but Jennifer Aniston's hair is styled that way to flatter her face. Ever noticed how many movie stars have their hair hanging in their faces? It's their stylists who figure out the best style to flatter their faces in film/on tv. From what I can remember, she has very thick, curly hair. It's probably been layered and constantly flat ironed to look like that.

I do think it suits her, but I don't think I'd like my hair hanging in my face all the time--drives me bonkers on days where it's as hot as it is right now
    ~Dare to Dream~

~Lady Aithon of the Fire-Shod Steed in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsailing View Post
    I've never understood the comments about her hair in all the various magazines. Her hair is always referred to as being "thick", including in those hair magazines. It sure doesn't look "thick" to me. It looks thin and stringy. It appears to be the type of hair that would only look decent after a professional spends some time on it.
    I would like to point out that super-straight hair, no matter its thickness or texture, seems to be labeled as "thin." This is why I don't think judging hair's thickness by its general appearance is not always accurate. Just because hair is super-fluffy does not automatically make it "thick" and hair that is not super-voluminous is automatically "thin."

For example, I have a thick ponytail circumference, but on the days where it wants to be flat, I've had people tell me that I have "thin" hair which is not true. I know others with sleek and straight hair have encountered this as well. I know the people who say these things aren't (generally) trying to be mean and that they are just making an observation, but it can hurt sometimes. This is why I try not to judge someone's hair thickness solely based on its lack of curl and the way it hangs.

I find that hair thickness is more easily determined by ponytail circumference and/or how dense/sparse the individual hairs are when you put your hands into the hair.

That being said, I don't even try to hairtype celebrities because of all of the processing, cutting, hair extensions, and styling. I don't trust whet I see in movies/television because I know it doesn't depict reality.

Finally, I would like to note that I'm not offended by this comment or anything. I'm just trying to point something out that hasn't been mentioned.

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Seeing her thin hair looking so good on tv is what inspired me to let my hair grow out. I have, naturally, that light brown/ goldish color, and my hair is always stick straight. In fact, it very nearly looks just like hers in a lot of the pictures I just looked at online. It's nice to hear that at least some people like how her hair looks. I don't think it's boring.

It looks very processed and heat styled to me. Definitely not natural.