Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Baby hairs" won't lay down! Please help!

Length
    12/23/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default "Baby hairs" won't lay down! Please help!

I have these "baby hairs" all over my head, especially in the front. They're curly and wispy and they stick straight up. It's so annoying! They look horrible! I really don't know what they are because when most people talk about their baby hair, it's like one or two inches. But this is something else. Mine are like 6 inches long! But they still won't go into my updo and they stick out all over the place. I've tried hairspray and gel and it just makes it worse. Has anyone had this problem and/or knows a solution? Please help! This is driving me crazy!

I found a pic.

That! What the hell is that!? >.<
    Last edited by jmallen62691; June 15th, 2010 at 03:54 AM.

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: "Baby hairs" won't lay down! Please help!

I have the same problem. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    chin/hip/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I have them, too. I have some right at my temples and they like to bent up like horns. Not attractive.

The best thing I've found is not to wash my hair often. that way they lie down easier and my hair isn't as flyaway as when I first wash it.

Length
    14/31/43+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

I don't know about the longer ones, but I use clear mascara on the short ones when I want to tame them into place.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Have you tried a light oiling?

Hmmm that's strange that gel and spray don't help. I always use Herbal Essences spray and it keeps those hairs down without creating a hard, helmet effect. Perhaps a hair glue? Probably not be the best for your hair but it might keeps those babies down. Hope you find something that works!
    “Life is intrinsically, well, boring and dangerous at the same time. At any given moment the floor may open up. Of course, it almost never does; that's what makes it so boring.”

TrudieCat

I have these too and it's no fun dealing with them. I just use little clips or bobby pins to clip them back, or I let some face framing pieces fall around my face and they kind of blend in with those. Neither of those options is a perfect solution, sadly.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Aloe gel is reputed to help some people. What I've found really weighs them down is shea butter conditioning cream (yep, check the recipes). Anything a little heavy and oily, including your own sebum, should get them down a little, but it'll weigh down the rest of your hair too.

I get the most frizzy baby hairs sticking out when I use shampoo, less when I'm doing CO, and even fewer back when I did WO. But there's a trade off with how fluffy you want your hair to be.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

My favorite product for that problem was Natures Gate Styling Putty. I haven't been able to find it lately, though; maybe they quit making it. Gel helps, too. I style my hair, wet my palms, then rub a dab of gel between them and smooth my palms over the surface of my hair. As long as I stay out of the wind and don't touch my hair after that, it keeps the little sticky-ups down pretty well.

Length
    12/23/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotWar View Post
    Hmmm that's strange that gel and spray don't help.
    It just hardens them and turns them from wispy pieces to one hard piece that still sticks up.

I guess I'll try some different gels and leave-in and see what works.
    Last edited by jmallen62691; June 15th, 2010 at 08:53 PM.