Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which supplements do you take?

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Which supplements do you take?

What are you taking?
    What do you think has made the biggest difference in your hair?
    Is there anything else you are planning/would like to try?

I'm currently taking a whole bunch of different stuff in an attempt to boost my growth. Last night I got my MSM, so now I'm taking Mega-Hair vitamins, 5,000 mcg Biotin, 1,000 mg MSM, and 2 tbsp Diatomaceous Earth each day. Once a week, I use Monistat on my scalp. So far, I think the DE has made the most difference. Admittedly, I am becoming a bit obessive and measuring constantly, so even if I get "good" growth, it feels like nothing. I was tempted to get that Mega-Tek horse stuff, but it's so expensive I should wait until I run out of monistat.

Off -topic, but... Yesterday at work, someone said my hair was getting long. I was so happy! Then she asked when I was going to cut it.

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Which supplements do you take?

I don´t take anything but leave it up to nature. I try to be good to myself generally by eating well, but I don´t do anything special for my hair.

I have been taking hairtopia vitamins......I think i have noticed a huge difference in my hair.....I h ave been taking them on and off for years and when i look back at my hair pics (when i was taking the vitamins) they look a lot thicker and healthier so i have decided to go back on it..........Obviously along with the vitamins i eat healthy food, work out and dont apply heat and use chemicals on my hair.

I take Mason Naturals vitamins, Extra Strength Hair Formula... It has biotin and silica. I'm not quite sure whether I've noticed a difference in my hair, but I definitely have in my nails. :P

Length
    apl/waist/tbone
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I take a multivitamin, but I have for a long time, so it is not hair related. I am looking into some sort of silica supplements, but I haven't found anything here yet.

Account Closed by Member Request

I take 1 - 5000 mg of Biotin, 1 - Omega 3-6-9, and 1 B-complex. I really think the Biotin has helped the growth of my hair.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I also take DE, msm, glucosamie and iron and have noticed better growth but I put this down to my body lacking these nutrients rather than making my hair grow quicker, maybe my natural growth is quite fast but due to my diet maybe lacking in certain vitamin and minerals is does not grow to its full potential?

Either way, i am sticking with them as they do benefit my health as well as the quality of my hair.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

I agree that a balanced diet helps! I also do cardio several times a week at the gym to help get my hair growing (among other benefits).

Supplements, I've just started Evening Primrose Oil 3 weeks ago. It's too soon to say what's going on from that. I've toyed with the idea of biotin and silica, but not committed to either yet. I'm just going to see how EPO goes.

Lady Zandilar of the Yuriwood Dancers in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15/28.5/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I take a multi and an iron pill (I am low) but I haven't noticed any effect to my hair.

I take MSM (it's actually for my knee problems, but seems to positively affect my hair) and Biotin. I've been thinking to quit Biotin - I suspect my skin problems are caused by it.