Thread: Remembering a weird layered haircut I had once

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Remembering a weird layered haircut I had once

I will never forget a haircut I had when I was in my early 20's. Good thing I wasn't on LHC at the time because I would have been horrified.

The hairdresser wanted to thin out my hair (as most seem to want to) so here is what she did. From about just above my ears she cut straight across 0.5cm thick sections TO THE ROOTS about every inch or so to the nape of the neck. So if you can imagine, I had horizontal strips of mm long hair all the way through my hair. (Hope I am explaining this ok)

It worked quite well as a thinning technique and thank goodness I was not shocked by it at the time. Thankfully noone else has ever known about this technique or wanted to try it on me.

Anyone else ever had this method used on them and how did you react?

Length
    0.5"/21/28
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Remembering a weird layered haircut I had once

I've heard of this, never had it done though, I can imagine the growing out process to be a nightmare! I had it suggested to me once, but I never went through with it, thankfully!

Length
    APL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

Haha im 20 currently and a year ago i had a haircut just like that. Razored!!! it was so think i barely felt i had hair, i liked it for the first few months and then started realizing how much i missed having a more thicker hemline to touch and feel... slowly but surely i am fixing that horrible cut!

Grow hair grow!
    [I]APL --> BSL --> WL --> TBL

Length
    Pob!/SL/BSL+
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

i just had a razor and the thinning scissors ripped through my hair!! But i had VERY thick hair back then that would give me major triangle head that i had to have thinned!!

I miss that hair! It could withstand anything! Daily straightening even after a perm, not protectors, washing everyday, tight hairbands, colouring regularly.....not anymore!
    - Chin - Shoulder - Collarbone - midway between SL and APL - APL when my arms are lifted up! - APL - BSL -

Length
    SL/WAIST/HIP?!

WOW! I've never had a hairstylist do that to me, but two years ago I had my hair razored so I could control my hair. YEAH RIGHT!! That was a nightmare to grow out! I had little flippys EVERYWHERE for months!

Length
    bob/SL/BSL+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Did the short parts start sticking out badly as you grew it out? I've never heard of that technique before. It sounds like what you would see on the scalp of a doll's head where the hairs are planted in very clear strips all the way around with separating lines in between.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Oh no; sounds awful, especially the grow-out. I've never come across that particular method before.

My daughter had her hair thinned with scissors that had gaps a couple of years ago. Wow - did her hair ever bush out as it grew. She decided "no more of that".