Thread: Uh oh... toying with tailbone

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Uh oh... toying with tailbone

I had my heart set on hip and I was sticking with that goal... and then I saw pictures of sidebraids that hit waist and hair that hit hip when draped in front of the shoulders (over the boobies) and realized that, to have that, I may have to grow my hair even longer. Would hip be enough to get that effect, or should I grow to tailbone?

Frankly, I'll probably grow to tailbone. Hip is looking a bit... short. Oh god, it's happening. The LHC effect.

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Uh oh... toying with tailbone

Tailbone is a nice length. Once you get past there is when it starts getting in the way, but at that point it looks nice and long to the average person.

But, you know. You have to grow out to at least hip before you find out whether you like it. I wish you luck in growing to whatever length you end up wanting.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I agree with Quixii. You grow it to hip-length and if you want it longer you grow it to tailbone.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Haha! I like your reference to the "LHC effect." It certainly does seem like a law of physics, or something -- I recently changed my goal length to waist, so I know how you feel!

(Actually, it was brought on by similar reasoning to yours -- I want my hair to drape nicely in the front over my chest, and BSL is starting to look not as long as I expected it to be . . . )

Length
    chin/hip/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I think you should "actively grow it" to hip, and then just forget about it (benign neclect) and next thing you know, you'll be at tailbone!

I started off with BSL as my goal, but waist is looking nicer and nicer. So I think I'll grow to BSL and then forget about it. Start a new hobby or something. then glance at the back of it one day and be at waist!

If i think how far I have to get to waist (maybe 8 inches or more, I can't remember), it feels so overwhelming and far away. So I'm just setting mini goals for now.

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I agree with what others have said, grow to hip and if you want longer then keep on growin! I personally am at tailbone and I like it but am going for classic

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!