Thread: Anyone else just starting new hair growth efforts

Length
    ?/34 in/36 in
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Anyone else just starting new hair growth efforts

After recent hair salon mishap I now have 1" of new growth and approx. 34" of damaged hair I will be slowly trimming off every 8 weeks over the next few years. Just wondering if anyone else is where I'm at. Maybe we can support each other in our growing out efforts and goals.

Length
    Chin/APL?/Ftip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Anyone else just starting new hair growth efforts

I'm in!!!

after a bad highlight job the other day ( I do love my highlights most of the time)
    I went blonde all over, now I am trying to build the strength back into my hair...

I will be trimming the damage off not sure how much or how often yet..

But I still do want my highlights.. Just not all the damage.. (wont be highlightin until at least 6 months)

So here I go I dont have any new growth yet.. But I am here with ya

Hoping to reach BSL By January 2012

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I have 1 cm of new growth (virgin hair) and 21" of bleached, damaged hair that needs to get cut off sooner or later. I think I'm going to grow the roots out as long as I can stand it, then dye the blonde parts to match the brown roots. It's really annoying because I also want to grow my hair longer but I also know that lots of trims are in my future and I'm going to have two-toned hair for a while.

Length
    ?/34 in/36 in
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Welcome PrincessTieflin and Zenobie, we can support each other while we trim and treat out hair with TLC. Lets hope our hair grows fast because this is going to be a very long drawn out process.
    Zenobie, I had highlights that my stylist put in and made too white so I had them taken out by covering with brunette dye. The problem is when your hair gets damaged from highlights the dye to cover them doesn't always stay in very well. When you dye your hair you might want to think about forgoing shampoo washing for conditioner washing so the dye lasts longer.

Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm in too!I want to grow out colored and damaged hair :/...it will be long and hard work but it will be worth it

Length
    12 in/Waist/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Not starting, but I haven't dyed since Dec 2009. I have 4 or 5 inches of virgin roots, my total length is APL. I'm lucky- last dyes were all black, and it's blending pretty nicely. The length has faded to a dark dark brown, and my natural color is dark brown as well, so they're a little bit lighter.

I will eventually trim off the dyed stuff but not until I hit goal or close to goal- I'm going for length, and it's pretty healthy right now.
    Progress Album Tailbone by 2013!