Thread: Calling all redheads/auburn beauties!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    3a/F/M/i/ii

Default Calling all redheads/auburn beauties!

Red and auburn are such beautiful colours aren't they? I'm getting my hair coloured to a dark auburn soon (I've done a lot of thinking and I desperately need a change at this time in my life after having black hair for 5 years, I'm just sick and tired of it). My roots (about a year's worth of new growth, virgin hair) are lighter than my dyed black ends, they are a darker shade of brown with some red undertone to them. I also get trims when I need them, but after this colour gets done I'm going to try not trimming for at least a year. It's known that red and auburn is a difficult colour to maintain, and I'd like to know what routine, methods or tips any of you with these hair colours have to help keep it look nice, bright and vibrant.

My routine currently consists of CO washing every 3 or 4 days, a drop of extra virgin olive oil on my ends only after my shower. Also, a deep treatment of the oil right the day before my shower. I'm still experimenting with my routine, but it's working for me so far.

I'm also getting permanent hair dye. My mother has actually used henna on my hair when I was really young, but I was ignorant as to what it did to my hair, and I don't even remember the effects.

I'm trying to do as much as I can beforehand so I'd really appreciate it!
    Last edited by thriftesfai; May 30th, 2010 at 09:52 PM.
    All change is not progress, as all movement is not forward.