Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACV Rinse Info.

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default ACV Rinse Info.

Can someone explain what an ACV rinse is for? I am noticing people doing this but I am not sure why? There are probably threads on it but I couldn't find the information! Thank you in advance.
    No Trims for second half of 2018
    *deep conditioning & Olaplaex treatment*
    Currently Shoulder length~06/2018!

Type
    2a/F/i

Default Re: ACV Rinse Info.

ACV helps close the cuticle so it makes hair really soft and shiny. It also removes some build up from hard water, and that's why I use it. We have really hard water here, and without a vinegar rinse after I wash my hair will eventually get tangly, dry feeling, and dull. Hope this helped!

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

What Nadine says, though it doesn't remove build-up like a clarifying shampoo off course. Also, it'll bring back the ph balance after using shampoo.

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Nadine and Johannah got it right. One important thing: it's a diluted rinse, not straight vinegar. Also, ACV can redden or darken light hair with repeated uses, so many lighter-haired folk use white vinegar. I use it because it's cheaper. I love acid rinses, because they make my hair soft and shiny.

Wittingly Unpronounceable fišrildi's Avatar
    Length
    26"/40"/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

ACV rinses can also help with frizz, leaving hair softer and shiny (and less prone to tangles), as others said above

Lady Anairė of the Bow and Arrow, Wizardess of the Tundra Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Classic

I use them because I'm water only and after a few months my hair gets a bit stringy looking, so I dilute distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray on my roots it the shower, then rinse really good

Length
    Pixie/95cm/Class
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

It also can help with seboerreic eczema. I think ACV is good too use because the water in the spring is usually filled with cemicals, fluorid,clorine and so on. And that can mess up the hair ph balance.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Most of us who do ACV and other acidic rinses like citric acid have hard water. It's easy to get your water tested (pool supply stores, aquarium stores, and places that sell water softeners are good bets!), but most of us with hard water can also see white deposits on on our taps, tea kettles, showerheads etc.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Very interesting! I have well water where I live, I wonder if that is hard water? (off to look for the white deposits! haha)

So, you use it diluted after shampoo? Do you condition after or before the rinse? Also, sometimes I co-wash. Does it work well then?
    No Trims for second half of 2018
    *deep conditioning & Olaplaex treatment*
    Currently Shoulder length~06/2018!

Type
    2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklylady82 View Post
    Very interesting! I have well water where I live, I wonder if that is hard water? (off to look for the white deposits! haha)

So, you use it diluted after shampoo? Do you condition after or before the rinse? Also, sometimes I co-wash. Does it work well then?
    I always do mine last. I actually use bottled water for mine, not necessary, but I love it. I have a 16 oz empty body wash bottle that I fill with a sploosh (that's my literal measuring system haha) bottled water, and then I add some EO's for some extra scalp benefits. I slowly squeeze this onto my head, making sure it's saturating everything and I leave it on with no rinsing. I think most people just take a cup with a bit of vinegar into the shower with them and then fill the cup up the rest of the way with shower water, but I like my method. The bottle lasts for about 4-5 hair washes so I can just leave it in there and don't have to worry about it.

I did try doing my rinse after shampoo, then conditioning afterwards but I found I didn't like it and it didn't have the same affects. I think you could use it with CO washing, or at least try it...it won't do anything bad.

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!