Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosemary rinse to thicken hair?

Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Rosemary rinse to thicken hair?

Hello everyone!

Some time ago I read in a magazine that rosemary rinse is good as a treatment for thinning hair - according to the magazine, 1 tea spoon of dried rosemary leaves or several fresh ones should be steeped in a cup, and after the liquid cools down, it should be poured on the scalp at the end of the washing routine, and then rinsed off with water.
    Has anyone heard of it?
    And do you think it can be used to thicken healthy hear?

Thanks

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

Default Re: Rosemary rinse to thicken hair?

I have no idea about thickening hair, but I recently started doing a rosemary rinse to combat some dandruff I had going on, plus I read it was good to combat shedding and I was going through an epic shed. I like it, my scalp likes it. I think I will keep doing it. I am also shedding less, but that is probably coincidental.
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    <BSL/WAIST/hip?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I think the most it could be doing is reducing shedding, which would be great. I'll be watching this thread!
    yay

Length
    24/24/38
    Type
    2b/C/iii

-joins in with watching the thread-

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Rosemary stimulates growth and has been used to combat thinning but I'm not sure if it would thicken healthy hair. It certainly couldn't be bad to try. It is also reputed to darken hair, I haven't seen evidence of this one way or another.

Just a caution for all, do not use in pregnancy or if you suffer from high blood pressure.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It's used for hair loss and scalp problems. I used it years ago and my scalp loved it.....i had fast growing thick hair anyway though so didn't really notice much difference other than a very happy calm scalp.
    I doubt it would thicken existing hair but by tackling hair loss would help hair grow in thicker if there is a problem.
    When i did rinses i left them in rather than rinsing out, also i'd advise covering the herb while it infuses to prevent the oils evaporating.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Type
    1a/M/ii

Thanks everyone!
    Less shedding is good too
    I think I'll try it for a while and will let you know wether I can see any difference

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Thinning hair does not mean thin hair. If your hair is thinning, your circumference is decreasing because of sheds. Rosemary essential oil and probably also rosemary herbal tea are believed to combat thinning and shedding.

Thin individual hair cannot be made thicker, just as you can't change the texture. You can treat your hair very well (including rosemary rinses and oil massages of the scalp) in order to maximize your genetically possible hair growth, and you can try to strengthen individual hairs by cassia and coconut oil and avoiding damage. But I don't believe you can make the individual hair thicker.
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Thumbs up Re: Rosemary rinse to thicken hair?

I am not sure about the claims of helping with shedding/thinning... but it DEFINITELY helps with itching flaking scalp/dandruff, I've been using it for that for awhile now. I'm about to start trying a rosemary/nettle soak in combination to see if it helps with the postpartum shedding I'm having. We'll see if it does anything.

Jenn

Length
    APL/HIP/TERM
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

Here to revive this thread! Lol. I've been using rosemary water on my scalp for some time now. I've recently started rinsing my whole head with it. I love it. My hair feels oddly softer afterwards, and it's definitely a remedy for dandruff or just a dry scalp. The only thing I dislike is the smell Lol.

SL/WL/HIP/BCL/TBL/CL+
    My journey from chemical damage to virgin hair.
    No trim 2014/Benign Neglect/Vegan Care.